Windows 10: How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

Discus and support How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought an ssd and have been trying to move my windows 10 onto it from a hdd. I installed a new copy of windows 10 onto my sdd. This windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ConradD2017, Dec 6, 2023.

1. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

I recently bought an ssd and have been trying to move my windows 10 onto it from a hdd. I installed a new copy of windows 10 onto my sdd. This windows let me log in as me through my email, but had me set a new password and is brand new settings wise. Now that windows is running on my ssd, I cant access my data on my hdd. Specifiaclly I cant access my user folder of my hdd on my sdd. How do i fix this?

:)

ConradD2017, Dec 6, 2023

2. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.

I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.

To install on the new SSD, would I unplug the WD 1 T HDD and install the new SSD drive on the MB and then install Win 10 on the SSD.

After the above, I assume I then reconnect The WD 1 T HDD. With the OS on the New SSD, will the apps and programs that are on the WD HDD operate or will I have to reinstall them on the new SSD As well how do I delete Win 10 from the HDD - do I simply delete the files or delete the partitions or just don’t bother. The WD HDD a was not even close to being full and was bought for faster access.

Any suggestions on how to get the new SSD to work properly and windows off the old WD HDD so it does not interfere with the new SSD would be appreciated.

Inthefairway, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Skip the HDD step. Go directly to SSD. Win 10 will install and activate on the SSD with no problems.

Ztruker, Dec 6, 2023
  4. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

Automatic repair while booting from hdd and installing windows on ssd.

1. Migrated windows from hdd to ssd
    2. Formatted hdd
    3. Prioritised boot from ssd in bios
    4. Turned on the pc
    5. Automatic repair

To deal with this I select boot from a device > then EFI USB device > it says no bootable USB detected, select from these drives > there are few options including the newly installed ssd > I select ssd > then it shows disk checking, press any key to stop > I stop it > windows then boots from ssd.

It very difficult to repeat all this everytime I turn on my pc. Please suggest a fix.

JagmanjotSingh, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

1. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd - Similar Threads - access hdd installing

2. How can I access the data on SSD/HDD ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I access the data on SSD/HDD ?: This post carries on from my previous now locked post here:As advised by Lugoo I set the BIOS to default by removing its battery, but then as feared, I could no longer boot the PC. I tried booting from an OS disk, but nothing, so it seems that this mobo has a BIOS problem. So...
  3. How can I access the data on SSD/HDD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access the data on SSD/HDD ?: This post carries on from my previous now locked post here:As advised by Lugoo I set the BIOS to default by removing its battery, but then as feared, I could no longer boot the PC. I tried booting from an OS disk, but nothing, so it seems that this mobo has a BIOS problem. So...
  4. How can I access the data on SSD/HDD ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd: I recently bought an ssd and have been trying to move my windows 10 onto it from a hdd. I installed a new copy of windows 10 onto my sdd. This windows let me log in as me through my email, but had me set a new password and is brand new settings wise. Now that windows is...
  6. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd: I recently bought an ssd and have been trying to move my windows 10 onto it from a hdd. I installed a new copy of windows 10 onto my sdd. This windows let me log in as me through my email, but had me set a new password and is brand new settings wise. Now that windows is...
  7. How can I install my window 10 in SSD ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I install my window 10 in SSD ?: How can I install my window 10 in SSD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-my-window-10-in-ssd/e465fb3b-ca62-4c6d-9df4-6beb484d1298
  8. How can I install my window 10 in SSD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I install my window 10 in SSD ?: How can I install my window 10 in SSD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-my-window-10-in-ssd/e465fb3b-ca62-4c6d-9df4-6beb484d1298
  9. How can I install my window 10 in SSD ?

10. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD?: Hello, I have an SSD coming in tomorrow, and I'm wondering if I can get my current Windows 10 in the HDD onto the SSD without the use of a USB? I don't care if I lose my data either. I just want a fresh start on the SSD while using the HDD as like a secondary storage....