Windows 10: How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?

Discus and support How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I like OneDrive and use it on an almost daily basis, but I don't like the syncing. I wish I could access it as a drive. Does anyone have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OCMS213, Aug 14, 2016.

1. OCMS213 Win User

How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?

I like OneDrive and use it on an almost daily basis, but I don't like the syncing. I wish I could access it as a drive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

OCMS213, Aug 14, 2016
  2. JTrox Win User
    JTrox, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Partitions that I cannot access

Thank you, but my issue is how to access the data on the partitions that have not been assigned a drive letter. I cannot backup this data before reformatting/converting the drive without first finding a way to access the data.

Aaron

aaronsydor, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I used to access OneDrive as a drive letter but now prefer to use the built-in W10 functionality. I disable OneDrive from starting automatically when I login to Windows and select the folders to synchronise so I am not storing large synchronised folders on the PC - you will need to use OneDrive online to access those.

Steve C, Aug 15, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    An excellent alternative (I mean really excellent!) is the new OneDrive App, you can download it from Windows Store:

How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing? [​IMG]

Maybe the biggest plus is that OneDrive App allows you to add as many OneDrive Personal and OneDrive for Business (work / school accounts) as you'd like to. Easy to set up, takes a bit time to learn to use effectively.

Can only recommend. One app to control all your OneDrives, all content. I use it daily to manage half a dozen OneDrives without an issue.

Please notice: OneDrive App is not a sync client; instead it is a user interface for your OneDrive online content.

7. Cliff S New Member
    Great post @Kari*Thumbs
    But you for got to link it(OneDrive app): Your request appears to be from an automated process
    This is the link to online Windows Store, but will simultaneously open the Store app to the app too.

Cliff S, Aug 15, 2016
  8. OCMS213 Win User

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. I actually came across a commercial product called Webdrive that does exactly what I need. Has anyone ever tried it?

OCMS213, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing? - Similar Threads - access OneDrive drive

2. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  3. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  4. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  6. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  7. How can I access my OneDrive?

How can I access my OneDrive?: I have tried to sign in to my OneDrive but it gives me error to unlink it before and what is the process for the unlinking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-my-onedrive/c2badb8b-bc3b-4262-95c5-0b42870a4b6b
  8. how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive

how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive: I know that I can copy that folder to onedrive location in my pc, but I want that folder to be in same location and synced with one drive is it possible Say my onedrive is in C/user/sss/one and folder is in d/study/something/folder1 now I need sync folder1 to onedrive...
  9. Backup files to OneDrive without syncing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files to OneDrive without syncing: Hello I want to back up my music collection from my D-drive. I have copied (drag & drop) my files from D: to OneD – that was easy, intuitive and straight forward. However OneDrive is now trying synchronise my newly copied files back with my PC. It is not syncing with the...
  10. Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

in Windows 10 News
    Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.: Hackers don't even need your password anymore to get access to your cloud data. Newly published research, released at the Black Hat conference in Las Vegas on Wednesday by security firm Imperva, shows how a "man-in-the-cloud" attack can grab cloud-based files -- as well as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access onedrive without syncing

2. sync onedrive with drive letter

3. can you use onedrive without syncing

4. how do i access one drive as a drive without it syncing ,
  5. access onedrive without syncing to hard drive,
  6. map onedrive as a drive letter,
  7. how to access someones else onedrive folder from computer,
  8. access onedrive without sync,
  9. use onedrive without syncing as a letter drive,
  10. how to access one drive without syncing