Windows 10: How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool)

Discus and support How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to upgrade from 7 to 10 due to issues I've been having. However my laptop did not come with a product key sticker so I cannot update to 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ace32x, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ace32x Win User

How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool)

I need to upgrade from 7 to 10 due to issues I've been having. However my laptop did not come with a product key sticker so I cannot update to 10. I cannot buy a key because I don't have the money.

:)

Ace32x, Jul 23, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About Windows 10 media creation tool

Hi Naman, yes absolutely, once your Windows is activated before the installation, a clean install with bootable installation media created with the Media Creation tool will result in a genuine and automatically activated version of Windows 10

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will
    have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

DaveM121, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Hello Chrono, How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool) :)

If you like, you could upgrade to Windows 10 from within the Media Creation Tool on your activated Windows 8.1 PC, and have 10 activated afterwards.

(step 3)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 23, 2019
  4. How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool)

I HAVE SUCESSFULLY INSTALED WINDOWS 10 BY MEDIA CREATION TOOL BUT NOT ABLE TO ACTIVATE IT

I HAVE SUCESSFULLY INSTALED WINDOWS 10 BY MEDIA CREATION TOOL BUT NOT ABLE TO ACTIVATE IT AND I AS I AM NOT HAVING PRODUCT KEY. I WAS HAVING PRE ACTIVATED WINDOWS 7 PRO.

NOW SHALL I WAIT FOR ACTIVATION OR REVERT TO PREVIOUS OS PLEASE HELP TO GET WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION.

HARI OM VERMA, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool)

1. How can I activate 10? (I'm having issues with activation with the Media Creation Tool) - Similar Threads - activate I'm having

2. I used the windows 10 media creation tool for my laptop, and it won't activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the windows 10 media creation tool for my laptop, and it won't activate: It's been hours since I installed it. The laptop used to belong to a teacher, so I installed windows home, but it doesn't activate, and I updated everything. I'm upgrading to windows 11, so maybe that might fix it, but just in case it doesn't, can you tell me how can I fix...
  3. I used the windows 10 media creation tool for my laptop, and it won't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I used the windows 10 media creation tool for my laptop, and it won't activate: It's been hours since I installed it. The laptop used to belong to a teacher, so I installed windows home, but it doesn't activate, and I updated everything. I'm upgrading to windows 11, so maybe that might fix it, but just in case it doesn't, can you tell me how can I fix...
  4. windows 10 media creation tool and its activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 media creation tool and its activation: i have downloaded windows 10 using the media creation tool, i assumed that the software became free to use please if i am wrong correct mehowever today it just asked me to activate windows keeping in mind i do not have a product keyso do i need to buy a product key or is...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool and its activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 media creation tool and its activation: i have downloaded windows 10 using the media creation tool, i assumed that the software became free to use please if i am wrong correct mehowever today it just asked me to activate windows keeping in mind i do not have a product keyso do i need to buy a product key or is...
  6. windows 10 media creation tool and its activation

7. Windows 10 media creation tool issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 media creation tool issues: I have a laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 1 terabyte standard hard drive. I'm trying to install Windows 10 home 64-bit using the Windows 10 media creation tool. I formatted my system Drive SSD and have made it active and selected it as the install location. Once I begin the...
  8. Media Creation Tool Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Issues: I've been trying to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download an os for my new PC but it seems to force close after I answer the question about language and version. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  9. Windows 10 media creation tool and activation

Windows 10 media creation tool and activation: I am having a windows 10 which i got from free upgrade .the pc came with windows 8.1 .No everything is fine .suppose if something goes wrong and i am using media creation tool, will the windows 10 be activated automatically in case if i have to reinstall or clean install ?...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 10 from media creation tool activated