Windows 10: How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

Discus and support How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I own a full retail version of Windows 7 Professional that I bought when I was building my last PC. When Windows 7 support ended I tried to upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Florent Rouffignac, Jun 21, 2021.

1. How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

I own a full retail version of Windows 7 Professional that I bought when I was building my last PC. When Windows 7 support ended I tried to upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade would fail every time. I then installed windows 10 from scratch and used my win 7 license to activate it, It worked.My PC is now old and started crashing too often. I decided to build a new one. I uninstalled the license from the old PC using the slmgr /upk command which was successful. I then used the license on the new PC but I refuses to activate.I contacted support and the tech told me the license cannot be used again

:)

Florent Rouffignac, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Pehla Win User
    windows 10 licencing and image backup??

i lost one genuine licence that i got for being a insider..,i added one more ssd to my pc and wanted to do a fresh install in raid 0 but that just didnt work as my pc didnt want to activate,even after talking to a microsoft help desk didnt find solution!! so afterwards i used cracked windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10 and that activation is still on my pc,and is still genuine *Smile How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10 :)
    i wanted to keep that one but i gues its not just motherboard...,its motherboard AND cpu!!!

Pehla, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Laurijan Win User

How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

1. How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - activate Pro licence

2. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I activate Windows 10 Pro?: Split from this thread. How can activation windows [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-windows-10-pro/802a1312-749f-462c-baab-5a9ad925ffe8
  3. .How can i activate windows 10 pro

.How can i activate windows 10 pro: I have a product Id but no product key how can I activate my pc windows 10 pro . please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-windows-10-pro/188a9b7c-a88e-4e46-8236-23e689bf3355
  4. Can I use my Windows 7 key for Windows 10 on my new PC?

Can I use my Windows 7 key for Windows 10 on my new PC?: So I have a win 7 CD with key, can I download win 10 on a USB stick and install win 10 as usual and enter the win 7 key? Kann ich meinen Windows 7 key für Windows 10 auf meinen neuen PC verwenden?
  5. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro: I have a laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Pro. The system is not activated. How can I activate the system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-windows-10-pro/6978569c-3fbc-452d-87fb-43a171a08cb4
  6. How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?

How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Mac Mini in bootcamp - thus it obviously wasn't bundled. I think I purchased a Win 8.1 licence years ago and later upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but I can't remember the details. Is there any way to see if my current licence can be removed from my...
  7. Can I Transfer a Windows 10 Pro Retail Licence to a new PC with Windows 10 Home (OEM)

Can I Transfer a Windows 10 Pro Retail Licence to a new PC with Windows 10 Home (OEM): I have an 8 year old PC on which I installed a bona fide retail version of Windows 8.1 Pro purchased from Microsoft. When Windows 10 was released I installed the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I am about to buy a new PC which will have Windows 10 Home installed (i.e. OEM)....
  8. can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key?: can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key? Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-pro-with-a-new-windows-7/d74c7257-c8e8-441f-9b6b-7a33c5332a6a
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade licence to new PC build?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade licence to new PC build?: I am sure this question has been asked before, but the answer to it seems really complicated and seems to change depending on the exact situation. My situation is this, I have had the same PC since 2012, on to which I installed Windows 7 Pro from a store bought DVD with OEM...
  10. How can I activate windows 10 pro?

How can I activate windows 10 pro?: I have trouble with activate my windows 10 pro, because it was automatically install. my original windows was 8. when the windows 10 install automatically I did not receive any product key or something. what should I do now? this is what troubleshoot showing me [ATTACH]...