Windows 10: How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

Discus and support How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I own a full retail version of Windows 7 Professional that I bought when I was building my last PC. When Windows 7 support ended I tried to upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Florent Rouffignac, Jun 21, 2021.

1. How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

I own a full retail version of Windows 7 Professional that I bought when I was building my last PC. When Windows 7 support ended I tried to upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade would fail every time. I then installed windows 10 from scratch and used my win 7 license to activate it, It worked.My PC is now old and started crashing too often. I decided to build a new one. I uninstalled the license from the old PC using the slmgr /upk command which was successful. I then used the license on the new PC but I refuses to activate.I contacted support and the tech told me the license cannot be used again

:)

Florent Rouffignac, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Pehla Win User
    windows 10 licencing and image backup??

i lost one genuine licence that i got for being a insider..,i added one more ssd to my pc and wanted to do a fresh install in raid 0 but that just didnt work as my pc didnt want to activate,even after talking to a microsoft help desk didnt find solution!! so afterwards i used cracked windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10 and that activation is still on my pc,and is still genuine *Smile How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10 :)
    i wanted to keep that one but i gues its not just motherboard...,its motherboard AND cpu!!!

Pehla, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Laurijan Win User

How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10

1. How can I activate my windows 7 Pro licence on a new PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - activate Pro licence

2. How can I activate Windows 10 on a new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate Windows 10 on a new pc?: My problem is that I have bought a new pc and I cannot active Windows 10 on the new pc.I have a digital retail Windows license attached to my Microsoft account. From what I understand I should be able to transfer this license to a new PC.I have previously used the license on...
  3. How can I activate Windows 10 on a new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate Windows 10 on a new pc?: My problem is that I have bought a new pc and I cannot active Windows 10 on the new pc.I have a digital retail Windows license attached to my Microsoft account. From what I understand I should be able to transfer this license to a new PC.I have previously used the license on...
  4. How can I activate Windows 10 on a new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to activate windows 10 Pro on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 Pro on new PC: I have a retail copy of Windows 10 Pro that I am trying to transfer from one PC to another. I have a new PC and I'm trying to transfer the license from one PC to another. I've tried the activation troubleshooting and I get error code 0x803F7001 on the new device. On the old...
  6. how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro?: how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-pc-from-windows-7-pro-to/39b2543c-c3d8-4b42-8902-92fc1cf800ec
  7. how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro?: how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-pc-from-windows-7-pro-to/39b2543c-c3d8-4b42-8902-92fc1cf800ec
  8. how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Mac Mini in bootcamp - thus it obviously wasn't bundled. I think I purchased a Win 8.1 licence years ago and later upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but I can't remember the details. Is there any way to see if my current licence can be removed from my...
  10. can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key?: can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key? Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-pro-with-a-new-windows-7/d74c7257-c8e8-441f-9b6b-7a33c5332a6a