Windows 10: How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used...

Discus and support How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I changed the product key, but it writes to me that I don't have a valid license, and when I click on troubleshooting, it says that I have a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TwoLoki267517, Mar 19, 2019.

1. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used...

I changed the product key, but it writes to me that I don't have a valid license, and when I click on troubleshooting, it says that I have a digital license of Home version, and it says I need to install that version. Why? I installed Pro version, and gave the operating system the Pro key. How am I able to activate it now? No hardware was changed though.

Tried to contact Micorosft in chat as usual but I do not get that option in Contact Us menu.

:)

TwoLoki267517, Mar 19, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Mar 19, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used...

1. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used... - Similar Threads - activate Pro clean

2. Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Clean Install Windows 10 Using Digital License.: Hi all,I have W10 20H2 but having major trouble with it. I am seriously considering a format and clean install but am worried because I qualified for the upgrade from W7 OEM and it loaded on top. I have done a reset due to trouble which has not helped.My windows license is...
  3. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro?

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro?: Split from this thread. How can activation windows [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-windows-10-pro/802a1312-749f-462c-baab-5a9ad925ffe8
  4. How can I clean install Windows 10 using Windows Installation Media on a laptop with only...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I clean install Windows 10 using Windows Installation Media on a laptop with only...: Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-install-windows-10-using-windows/a471d53b-9daf-4d7e-b816-4f9cf98280b5
  5. .How can i activate windows 10 pro

.How can i activate windows 10 pro: I have a product Id but no product key how can I activate my pc windows 10 pro . please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-windows-10-pro/188a9b7c-a88e-4e46-8236-23e689bf3355
  6. Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken?: First of all, hello. I hope everyone is doing well. About my question, let's say if I had an old device that was originally Windows 10 Home Edition but I upgraded it to Pro Edition through Microsoft Store, and that old device is broken. If I buy a new device with Windows 10...
  7. Can i use windows 10 home for activation of Pro edition

Can i use windows 10 home for activation of Pro edition: I have windows 10 home key , but the system is installed with windows 10 pro edition. how can i downgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-10-home-for-activation-of-pro/907d696f-cb41-4069-8599-5bdc37c13175
  8. Can I use local account during clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 2004?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I use local account during clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 2004?: Hello, Planing on doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 2004 Update. Am I allowed to use local / offline account during the setup? If not, is there a way I can make it do so? Just asking prior to install. 158317
  9. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro: I have a laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Pro. The system is not activated. How can I activate the system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-windows-10-pro/6978569c-3fbc-452d-87fb-43a171a08cb4
  10. How can I activate windows 10 pro?

How can I activate windows 10 pro?: I have trouble with activate my windows 10 pro, because it was automatically install. my original windows was 8. when the windows 10 install automatically I did not receive any product key or something. what should I do now? this is what troubleshoot showing me [ATTACH]...