Windows 10: How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People?

Discus and support How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I left click on the name of the sender, I am only given the option to send them email, and not to save them as a contact in 'People'. First image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kathryn O., Feb 14, 2020.

1. How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People?

If I left click on the name of the sender, I am only given the option to send them email, and not to save them as a contact in 'People'. First image

When I right click on the email address of someone who has just emailed me in Mail, I am only given the option to 'Select All'.Second image

Please let me know how i can add an email to People from Mail. Thank you.

How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People? ed20fc2d-8c06-4e04-b09f-19a4950d9b26?upload=true.jpg How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People? aa58364c-214f-4f14-8b78-9ea8e186daf1?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kathryn O., Feb 14, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 14, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

So after playing around a bit more, the only solution seems to be to delete all contacts from either Skype, Mail or People app directly, so they won't show up on the "Pin suggested" list. That's rather harsh.

JayPhi, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People?

add mail contacts to People

Hi Karen,

Regarding your concern, since you already downloaded a .csv file of your Yahoo contacts to your computer, we can import them the other way around since People App doesn't have a built-in option to import contacts directly. To import contacts to the People
    App using a .csv file, please do the following steps:

• On your browser, sign in your account at
      https://people.live.com
    • Select Manage, then choose Import contacts.
    • Choose Yahoo Mail.
    • Click Browse and locate the .csv file of your Yahoo contacts to start importing them.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Ariel Acu, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People?

1. How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People? - Similar Threads - add contact directly

2. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  3. How can I bring my contacts from google contacts to windows 10 people

How can I bring my contacts from google contacts to windows 10 people: my windows 10 people app has signed in with same gmail adress in which I upload contacts but I cant see my contacts there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bring-my-contacts-from-google-contacts/a8661413-e1c1-4a19-9353-c233c33e6033
  4. Add Contacts to People - from Bell account

in Browsers and Email
    Add Contacts to People - from Bell account: Hi all, I just set up another computer at work, Win10 Pro, and Im adding email accounts to Mail. This includes Bell accounts which are not listed and have to go under "Other" IP/POP. No problem. But when I wont to import contacts from these Bell accounts, the People app does...
  5. Problem getting Windows 10 mail to add a new contact to the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem getting Windows 10 mail to add a new contact to the People App: I am using Windows 10 Mail and the People App for contacts. Problem is I can't get any new emails that come in to create a new contact in the People App. I have looked for a solution online and it sounds like it should allow me to create a new contact by clicking in the...
  6. How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts?

How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts?: I just realized the entries I make into Windows 10 People are not being saved or uploaded to Yahoo contacts file. How does one ensure both files are identical? In other words, when mail syncs with Yahoo mail, the calendar and contacts presumably are synced as well, but...
  7. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  8. Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail

Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail: I am using Windows 10 Mail. I want to add a contact to the people app from an email. At this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14103/windows-people-app-help, I found the following information: If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email...
  9. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  10. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0