Windows 10: How can I add another computer to my network?

Discus and support How can I add another computer to my network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to share another computer on my network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanetDockter, Dec 18, 2018.

1. How can I add another computer to my network?

I need to share another computer on my network

:)

JanetDockter, Dec 18, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

How can I add another computer to my network?

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

How can I add another computer to my network?

1. How can I add another computer to my network? - Similar Threads - add another computer

2. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  3. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  4. How can i add bluetooth to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i add bluetooth to my computer?: I need bluetooth to my computer, because i want to connect my Galaxy Buds to my computer, but it doesn't have bluetooth support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-bluetooth-to-my-computer/b855cc68-5ad1-4099-adb6-04a5f09f3526
  5. How can i add bluetooth to my computer?

How can i add bluetooth to my computer?: I need bluetooth to my computer, because i want to connect my Galaxy Buds to my computer, but it doesn't have bluetooth support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-bluetooth-to-my-computer/b855cc68-5ad1-4099-adb6-04a5f09f3526
  6. how can i add restrictions to computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i add restrictions to computer: good morning, I am having trouble with my son downloading and playing games on his computer meant only for school. how can I restrict what is downloaded ? thanks...
  7. How can I prefer another IP in my home network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prefer another IP in my home network?: Hi, I'd like to use my static IPv6 instead of the temporary for outgoing connections in my network at home, so the servers are able to recognize the client. I couldn't find anything. route and New-NetRoute doesn't allow to enter source IP-adress. submitted by /u/Yamaii...
  8. how to access a file on another computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  9. how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network: I can connect one computer (A) to another computer (B), but cannot connect B to A. Both are using Windows 10, but B is home version while A is pro version....
  10. How do I add another gmail account to my computer

How do I add another gmail account to my computer: How can I add another account to my gmail account in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-add-another-gmail-account-to-my-computer/b3d75bac-ac5b-4701-96eb-f4329ea5d6e1