Windows 10: How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?

Discus and support How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I associate comments with a file, and get them to appear in the File Explorer Comments column?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnePRLI, Feb 7, 2019.

1. AnnePRLI Win User

How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?

How can I associate comments with a file, and get them to appear in the File Explorer Comments column?

:)

AnnePRLI, Feb 7, 2019
  2. bromberg Win User

how do I add text under the COMMENT column in File Explorer?

Thanks, Audrey - that does clear things up. Do you know where I may find the list of file types that allows for COMMENTS?
    Dan

bromberg, Feb 7, 2019
  3. AndreyT Win User

The purpose of that column is to display Comment field from the metadata stored inside the file. And in order for it to be available the file format must support metadata with Comment field in it. For example, EXIF metadata used in image files has Comment field.
    If some file format does not have metadata in it (or has no Comment field), then this column will always be empty for such files.

AndreyT, Feb 7, 2019
  4. bromberg Win User

WIndows allows me to add a column called COMMENT in the File Explorer yet it is unclear how I can actually add my personal text next to a file or folder to describe its contents.
    If this cannot be done then what is the purpose of the COMMENT column in File Explorer?!?

Thanks,
    Dan

bromberg, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer? - Similar Threads - add comments Comments

2. How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com: I would like to add the following to "Saving Windows7 Solitaire games"Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-windows7-solitaire-games/ae9112ef-061c-47eb-8a66-49600aadc032 There is no need to copy a game to another folder or if you do have to copy...
  3. How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com: I would like to add the following to "Saving Windows7 Solitaire games"Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-windows7-solitaire-games/ae9112ef-061c-47eb-8a66-49600aadc032 There is no need to copy a game to another folder or if you do have to copy...
  4. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  5. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  6. file explorer jpg comments not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer jpg comments not visible: When using file explorer I cannot see a jpg "comment" if the jpg was first stored on a mac and vice versa. That is, when using a Mac the jpg "comments" created on a Windows computer do not display....
  7. How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?: I have to navigate through a medium volume of folders within one folder for my work projects. It would be helpful if I could add comments within the metadata of a folder to help me organize. Posted a snip of the area I am referencing. Anyone know of a way to do this within...
  8. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...
  9. how do I add text under the COMMENT column in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do I add text under the COMMENT column in File Explorer?: WIndows allows me to add a column called COMMENT in the File Explorer yet it is unclear how I can actually add my personal text next to a file or folder to describe its contents. If this cannot be done then what is the purpose of the COMMENT column in File Explorer?!?...
  10. "Comments" field in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "Comments" field in File Explorer: There is one available; I have included it on my Details listings. How can I assign a comment? 92733

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add comments in file explorer

2. turn on comments column globally windows

3. file explorer add comments

4. add file comments in file explorer windows 10,
  5. adding comments to windows explorer,
  6. how to add folder comments in file explorer in windows 10,
  7. add file comments to file explorer,
  8. add comment to column vba ,
  9. how to add comment to comment line in file explorer,
  10. ca i add a comments field to file explorer,
  11. Adding comments to a file in explorer,