Windows 10: how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command...

Discus and support how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how can add extension to multiple file on windows 10 using windows powershell hi, how can i add extensions to multiple extensionless files on windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sinfulslave, Nov 3, 2019.

1. how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command...

how can add extension to multiple file on windows 10 using windows powershell

hi, how can i add extensions to multiple extensionless files on windows 10

///

when i right click on folder holding shift key then choose powershell because there is no command prompt

and enter this command ren *. *.jpeg it doesn't work even ren * *.jpeg didn't work also

i tried using cmd prompt by from start menu then locating file using cd then file location then typed the first command it worked so what is the right command for windows power shell and if there are any other methods it would be great

how can i add extension to  multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command... 59773a9c-d45a-4359-84a3-c9190fa176ba?upload=true.png

:)

sinfulslave, Nov 3, 2019

2. JPG file on Shared network drive has generic file extension, Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. You can try to rename multiple files in a folder using PowerShell by following the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you.

1. Navigate to the folder where image files are stored.
    2. Click on File in the menu bar and select
      Open Windows PowerShell > Open Windows PowerShell as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter.

Get-ChildItem *.jpeg | Rename-Item -newname { $_.name -replace '.jpeg','.jpg' }

Note: Make sure to change jpeg with generic file extension.
    4. The try refreshing the folder and check.

However, if the issue still persists, we would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet
    Forums where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on system connected to Domain network and an Active Directory account configuration to assist you with this.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command...

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile how can i add extension to  multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command... :)

Naki, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command...

1. how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command... - Similar Threads - add extension multiple

2. How can I add multiple photos to Favourites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add multiple photos to Favourites?: You can add a photo to favourites when it is the only one being viewed. But when viewing the contents of a folder, you see all photos in a grid and can select any number of them. Photos then lets you move or copy them but how can you add them to Favourites?Also... am I wrong...
  3. How do I add extensions to a batch of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add extensions to a batch of files: Back when I used WordPerfect, which could ignore file extensions, I gave all my poems the extension .POM. Word can read these files, but only if I add the extension .DOC. I have more than a hundred .POM files--how do I batch-add the .DOC extension to make them all read...
  4. How do I add file extensions to multiple files using powershell?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I add file extensions to multiple files using powershell?: Bunch of files with no extensions, all in one folder. Want to make them all png submitted by /u/granitefloors [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6wo2q/how_do_i_add_file_extensions_to_multiple_files/
  5. how to "replace" commands on files with no extensions?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to "replace" commands on files with no extensions?: as stated above I wish to replace file from c:\temp1\text1 with c:\temp2\text2 rather than copy, paste, replace, then repeat etc. batch command can be a single click from desktop. problem is I wrote a bat file with "replace c:\temp1\text1 c:\temp2\text2" without quotation...
  6. How can i change the extensions of a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i change the extensions of a file?: Hey! I was wondering if we could change the extensions of a file If it's possible. Does anybody knows how to that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-extensions-of-a-file/5b2cf55e-2ec4-4879-9960-46397488436d
  7. Syntax for Batch file &/or powershell script to run multiple commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Syntax for Batch file &/or powershell script to run multiple commands: I wanted a batch file to run the following commands: Start Powershell as administrator cd "C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect" regsvr32 RContextMenu.dll regsvr32 RShellEx.dll I can get as far as: Code: echo Start "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" cd...
  8. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...
  9. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Hi, I have three drives in my PC. Two of them are SSD's and the third one is a mechanical HDD. I like to optimize them using Powershell. However, as it stands now. I'm running the commands separately for each of my drive, i.e. 1.) Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim...
  10. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Good job, @lx07. Of course, you had the benefit of knowing the OP wanted to run the same command on 3 targets. Had I been armed with that same information, I might have made that same suggestion, too. That's why we're better working together than working individually. --Ed--

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add extension to multiple file powershell