Windows 10: how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions

Discus and support how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i always use date modified instead of date in all of my work e.g. when i try open a folder or upload a file or import a file to an app as u can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Default_315, Aug 6, 2020.

1. how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions

Hi, i always use date modified instead of date in all of my work e.g. when i try open a folder or upload a file or import a file to an app

as u can see here i can't find date choose i have to enable it from this shown menu then right click and choose sort by date modified.

the problem is when i close that windows and try to do that again dat modified is gone

i have to enable it again

how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions 5c878eb3-2d6f-4bf4-af67-7cb984cfe867?upload=true.png

:)

Default_315, Aug 6, 2020

2. Solved - Add more defaults to "Group by" in Explorer (and "Sort by")

How to add "Date Modified" and "Type" to all Group by (and Sort by) in Explorer in all folders?

I can add these to an individual folder by using "More" at the bottom of the Group by list.

Group by current list is 'Name', 'Date', 'Size' and 'Length'.

I want to add 'Date Modified' and 'Type' to all folders in all situations.

It would also be nice to remove 'Date'.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

ColinMcWhirter, Aug 6, 2020
  3. comp99 Win User
    How to add "date modified" by default?

In every folder in Windows 10, when I right click a blank space in the folder to arrange the files in specific order I have the option of name, size, type, etc. The one missing by default is "date modified". How can I add the option of adding "date modified"
    by default when I right click a blank space when I'm in a folder?

comp99, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions

1. how can i add sort by date modified by default to all folders and paritions - Similar Threads - add sort date

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  4. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clicking on "Date Modified" fails to sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on "Date Modified" fails to sort by date: I a directory of a large number files clicking "date modified" is not sorting the files with the most recently filed listed first. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-on-date-modified-fails-to-sort-by-date/37689f6d-0a24-4106-ad53-bb347ee1b140
  6. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  7. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  8. how can i add and fix to sort date modified by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i add and fix to sort date modified by default: Hi, i always use date modified instead of date in all of my work e.g. when i try to upload a file or import a file to an app as u can see here i can't find date choose i have to enable it from this shown menu then right click and choose sort by date modified. the problem is...
  9. folder sorting by date modified

folder sorting by date modified: might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up. one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the...
  10. Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?: After installing the new update, I cannot sort my files by Date Modified (recent files first) and have my folders first before my recent files like I used to. They go straight after all my files. The only way I can get the files to the top is if I sort by Date Modified...