Windows 10: How can I adjust display size resolution

Discus and support How can I adjust display size resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How so I reduce size of the display. I accidentally changed the setting and it's far too big,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryMcNinch, Mar 1, 2021.

1. How can I adjust display size resolution

How so I reduce size of the display. I accidentally changed the setting and it's far too big,

:)

MaryMcNinch, Mar 1, 2021

2. Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 1, 2021
  3. W10 Pro desktop PC - Have to adjust resolution every time I log in.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply.

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification.
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings.

Also check if the drivers are up to date.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 1, 2021
  4. How can I adjust display size resolution

Adjust screen size in windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, kindly follow the steps below on how to change the screen resolution of your computer:

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display settings.
    • To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the Recommended screen resolution for your PC. You can also choose the screen resolution depending on your needs, but I suggest you to have the Recommended settings.
    • Confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on Keep The Changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

How can I adjust display size resolution

1. How can I adjust display size resolution - Similar Threads - adjust display size

2. How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?: My external monitor is not lining up correctly with my laptop screens. I have adjusted the external monitor location in the display settings, but it won't align correctly because my external monitor is much larger than my laptop screen. Display settings shows both screens as...
  3. How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?: My external monitor is not lining up correctly with my laptop screens. I have adjusted the external monitor location in the display settings, but it won't align correctly because my external monitor is much larger than my laptop screen. Display settings shows both screens as...
  4. How to adjust resolution with microsoft basic display driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to adjust resolution with microsoft basic display driver?: Hi All, Due to any kind of compatibility issue, I need to use microsoft basic display driver rather than chipset vendor's driver. But the MS basic display driver just supports 800x600 resolution only. Plz advice how can I use 1920x1200 resolution with this driver. Thank you....
  5. How to adjust resolution with microsoft basic display driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to adjust resolution with microsoft basic display driver?: Hi All, Due to any kind of compatibility issue, I need to use microsoft basic display driver rather than chipset vendor's driver. But the MS basic display driver just supports 800x600 resolution only. Plz advice how can I use 1920x1200 resolution with this driver. Thank you....
  6. How to adjust resolution with microsoft basic display driver?

7. How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...: I was messing around with my Laptop and set my resolution to 800x600 which didn't impact my computer that much but I didn't realise that setting my Display to 500% would just make my laptop unusable, I tried many tutorials and different methods and they didn't work, Please...
  8. How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...

How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...: I was messing around with my Laptop and set my resolution to 800x600 which didn't impact my computer that much but I didn't realise that setting my Display to 500% would just make my laptop unusable, I tried many tutorials and different methods and they didn't work, Please...
  9. how can i do smth for adjust display on main gpu with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i do smth for adjust display on main gpu with different resolutions: Split from this thread. sir i have a question how can i ask you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-do-smth-for-adjust-display-on-main-gpu/6b2b090e-c519-4416-a966-c668e5cddf76
  10. can I adjust display resolution for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I adjust display resolution for specific program: I generally use the recommended display resolution (1920 X 1080). However there is one program I have where that resolution is unsatisfactory. So I have to always change that resolution, and then change it back when I am done with that program. Is there any way to set...