Windows 10: How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?

Discus and support How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance? E.g.Currently this happens:5pm I allow 1 hour extra screen time. My... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Anotherloginname, Apr 27, 2021.

1. How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?

How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance? E.g.Currently this happens:5pm I allow 1 hour extra screen time. My child doesn't go back on the laptop until 5:30pm. At 6pm screen time runs out. He has only actually been given an extra 30 mins.What I would like to happen:5pm I allow 1 hour extra screen time. My child doesn't go back on the laptop until 5:30pm. At 6:30pm screen time runs out. He has actually been given the extra 1 hour I allowed.How can I get this to happen?

:)

Anotherloginname, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to revoke extra screen time provided to child

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to revoke the extra time that you have provided to your child. Currently, there is no option to revoke or undo the time extension that has been provided.

However, you can go ahead and change the time limit that your child has to access the device and check if that makes a difference. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Family.
    3. Under your child account, click on Screen time.
    4. Now, you can change the screen time that has been assigned to your child.

Also, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback in Feedback hub so that the developing team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 27, 2021
  3. DKS92 Win User
    Grant Extra Time - but then computer fails to lock

We use Windows Family for Windows 10. When our kids reach the end of their scheduled time, they click "request more time" - which generates an email and allows us to approved extra time. The computer will then continue to stay unlocked. However, we have
    found that it is now failing to lock at the end of the new extended time (for example, we grant an extra hour - but then our child is simply able to say on their machine well past that hour - most times indefinitely). The only way to get it to lock is to
    log onto the actual web site, and adjust the time limits in some way, which seems to "reset" things.

Why, though, won't the computer simply lock at the end of the extra time we've granted?

DKS92, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?

Screen time

Hi,

Setting up time limit allows you to manage the time of a user on a computer. We suggest following the steps on this
    article as an initial troubleshooting step to resolve your issue.

Update us with outcome os we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance?

1. How can I allow extra time on the screen, not extra time from time of allowance? - Similar Threads - allow extra screen

2. How to revoke extra screen time provided to child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revoke extra screen time provided to child: You can revoke extra time given in the Xbox family app so I see no reason as to why this cannot be done in the Microsoft app. Please can you add this necessary function!!...
  3. Extra time requested

Extra time requested: My kids requested extra time. I gave for an hour. But he used only 30 minutes. Later on, he want to use PC again but locked.Seems like, if extra time requested and an hour given, kids need to utilize full without break. Why they cannot resume the extra time balance after...
  4. Extra time requested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra time requested: My kids requested extra time. I gave for an hour. But he used only 30 minutes. Later on, he want to use PC again but locked.Seems like, if extra time requested and an hour given, kids need to utilize full without break. Why they cannot resume the extra time balance after...
  5. Extra time requested

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  7. Family - Extra Time for Windows 10

Family - Extra Time for Windows 10: I am a big fan of this app and it typically works great. However, my son has to repeatedly request more time to use Windows 10. This occurs in the middle of the day when he is remote learning at school. All restrictions are turned off during this time. I see absolutely no...
  8. Time Allowance Tracking

Time Allowance Tracking: Hello, I've seen on many parental controls, that tells the user of the account how much of their time they have used and how much they have left. How do I get that to work with the Windows parental controls? I have a Windows 10 Pro. I want the kids that are under parental...
  9. How to revoke extra screen time provided to child

How to revoke extra screen time provided to child: This question was asked poorly a few years ago, and it got a poor answer. He clarified his question and it received no response and the thread was subsequently closed. So I'm asking it again in hopes that we can get a good answer here: Here are the scenarios: My son use...
  10. Revoke Extra Time

Revoke Extra Time: This question was asked poorly a few years ago, and it got a poor answer. He clarified his question and it received no response and the thread was subsequently closed. So I'm asking it again in hopes that we can get a good answer here: Here are the scenarios: My son use...