Windows 10: How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs

Discus and support How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have several user standard user accounts and I want to give them the ability to install and uninstall applications. How can I allow for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chesterbren, May 15, 2020.

1. How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs

Hi,

I have several user standard user accounts and I want to give them the ability to install and uninstall applications. How can I allow for the uninstall. Using gpedit.msc I found how to allow for the install of applications. Uninstall still seems to require elevation and then the admin password.

Thanks

:)

Chesterbren, May 15, 2020

2. Standard user allow to change time

Hi,

OS is windows 10

Have an Administrator user and a standard user. Adm no problem

Standard cannot do it, option is not available (To change date/time)

In previous Windows (7, 8), local security policy was not listed, to fix it I used "GPEDIT", then go to security policy and set to allow change date/time.

I do not know if I can do that in this Windows 10 or there is another way

I need help on that

JorgeP1958, May 15, 2020
  3. Ewalls Win User
    Why are standard users able to Install and uninstall programs?

My issue is I have several standard user accounts (as well as my admin account) and the standard users are able to install AND uninstall programs. I have tried multiple users and various programs. Still, any standard user is able to install and uninstall,
    even after getting the prompt for entering the admin password and selecting "No". This is an issue. It happens with both local users and managed account users i.e. users with Microsoft log in's. To my knowledge they should not be able to do any of these things.
    I have also set the user account control settings to the highest level. So I get a prompt for practically anything I do. I find it odd that when the prompt pops up and asks for admin approval and you select "No" and it still allows you to install the program
    anyway. This occurred with Firefox, Chrome, stand alones and VLC and Khan academy apps. from the store. I have searched many threads and have only found one post similar and the resolution was to read the user account set up FAQ. Been there, done that, there
    are only two options: Admin and Standard. Not working. Anyone have this issue and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks,

Eric

Ewalls, May 15, 2020
  4. How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs

cannot uninstall a program on windows 10

I followed the steps you indicated, but the program could not be uninstalled.

A pop-up appeared "Do you want to allow this program to make any changes to your PC". I clicked "NO". The uninstall was aborted.

Any other suggestions?

Esther-939, May 15, 2020
Thema:

How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs

1. How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs - Similar Threads - ***allow*** Standard users

2. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC as a standard User on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC as a standard User on Windows 11 Home?: I followed this guidehttps://www.digitalcitizen.life/use-task-scheduler-launch-programs-without-uac-prompts/ in a previous answer and as long as I am logged in on the Admin Account I created it works perfectly with the created shortcut. I copied the shortcut to the standard...
  3. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC as a standard User on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC as a standard User on Windows 11 Home?: I followed this guidehttps://www.digitalcitizen.life/use-task-scheduler-launch-programs-without-uac-prompts/ in a previous answer and as long as I am logged in on the Admin Account I created it works perfectly with the created shortcut. I copied the shortcut to the standard...
  4. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  5. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  6. Windows 10 standard user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  7. How to install programs on a standard user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install programs on a standard user?: I was always using admin account but I've heard that it's not a recommended way to use system for security reasons. So I did a fresh Windows 10 install and created an additional standard user. And I encounter many problems: Some programs that I install on a standard user,...
  8. "reimage repair" ......how can I uninstall this program ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "reimage repair" ......how can I uninstall this program ?: How can I uninstall "reimage repair" program ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/reimage-repair-how-can-i-uninstall-this-program/d0a5e617-2994-41a8-b2dd-a44d71e7fd07
  9. How to uninstall program a program in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall program a program in windows 10: My old printer program is still showing on my desktop. How do I uninstall it? Thanks Greg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-program-a-program-in-windows-10/9a288f01-e183-4ae3-a0c0-61fde449056a"
  10. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 allow user to install programs