Windows 10: How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?

Discus and support How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HiCustomer Services have asked me to contact Family Safety to escalate my issue this was the link that I was given.I have spent hours now trying to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rachael_213, Feb 6, 2023.

1. How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?

HiCustomer Services have asked me to contact Family Safety to escalate my issue this was the link that I was given.I have spent hours now trying to amend a very small error. I was trying to set up an Microsoft account on my sons new laptop for school as it had been set up on mine. I accidentally amended my account details to his, I only realised this when it asked me to login to a parental account for consent and it wouldn't let me as I was using my account in error. When I realised I tried to amend the details back but I could not amend the date of birth. I spoke with Microsoft last night on

:)

Rachael_213, Feb 6, 2023

2. Change my date of birth on microsoft profile

Hi Alex,

To change the date of birth on your Microsoft Account, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in to
      Your info
      on the Microsoft account website.
    • Click Edit your personal info.
    • Select the correct date of birth, and then select Save.

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions that regulate what children can do online. You can check this
    link for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wrong date of birth entered on set up.

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with following information.

• When you say ‘Age/date of birth question on setup’, are you talking about the age/date of birth information requested while setting up a Microsoft account?

If you’re talking about the date of birth associated with your Microsoft account, you may try the steps listed in the article
    How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account, to change the same.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 6, 2023
  4. How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?

change date of birth on Microsoft account

I am trying to help my dad who cannot access his email because his profile date of birth has him listed as a child. His date of birth cannot be changed because he is the only user and does not have a "parent" to change his data. His name and other information can be changed but his date of birth is the only thing he cannot change. He is now concerned that he will have to set up a whole new account and loose all his emails. I can't find any information that is helpful.

Michelle Sayers, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?

1. How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error? - Similar Threads - amend date birth

2. How I can change my birth date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can change my birth date?: Hello, I have a huge problem. I want to change my birth date because I typed it wrong. But I cant, when I want to change it, it is gray and I am unable to edit anything....
  3. How I can change my birth date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can change my birth date?: Hello, I have a huge problem. I want to change my birth date because I typed it wrong. But I cant, when I want to change it, it is gray and I am unable to edit anything....
  4. how can i change my date of birth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my date of birth?: How can I change my date of birth? I accidentally hit the wrong keys, and now it thinks I'm a baby, and won't let me access certain sites! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-date-of-birth/8d9529c3-c9a3-4763-a3ad-b226fd941112
  5. how can i change my date of birth?

how can i change my date of birth?: How can I change my date of birth? I accidentally hit the wrong keys, and now it thinks I'm a baby, and won't let me access certain sites! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-date-of-birth/8d9529c3-c9a3-4763-a3ad-b226fd941112
  6. How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?

How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?: HiCustomer Services have asked me to contact Family Safety to escalate my issue this was the link that I was given.I have spent hours now trying to amend a very small error. I was trying to set up an Microsoft account on my sons new laptop for school as it had been set up on...
  7. How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I amend my date of birth if changed in error?: HiCustomer Services have asked me to contact Family Safety to escalate my issue this was the link that I was given.I have spent hours now trying to amend a very small error. I was trying to set up an Microsoft account on my sons new laptop for school as it had been set up on...
  8. Can not change birth date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not change birth date.: hello I entered the wrong date of birth by mistake, which I cannot change. instead of 1987 I wrote 2014 from my daughter. now i have problems with parental control because microsoft thinks i am 8 years old. The date cannot be changed in the settings....
  9. Can not change birth date.

Can not change birth date.: hello I entered the wrong date of birth by mistake, which I cannot change. instead of 1987 I wrote 2014 from my daughter. now i have problems with parental control because microsoft thinks i am 8 years old. The date cannot be changed in the settings....
  10. How to change date of birth?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change date of birth?: Hi everyone:How to change the date of birth?Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-date-of-birth/18271959-e4b1-449b-899b-e3ac2bcf3b6d