Windows 10: How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?

Discus and support How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The SSD that came with my Intel NUC is only 32 GB (and soldered in)..I've added an HDD to accomodate apps but....some downloads do not give the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ANICOLE1, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ANICOLE1 Win User

How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?

The SSD that came with my Intel NUC is only 32 GB (and soldered in)..I've added an HDD to accomodate apps but....some downloads do not give the option of where to load them, so they automatically go to C..even when computer instruction is to lead downloads to D..So, my question is..if I move the downloaded app from C to D..how can I set the path of the shortcut Icon to attach to the app on D? I've tried starting at the D drive and "sending" to desktop but, I get a message that "Windows could not create the shortcut, check to see if the disk is full".. boy...computers sure can make you feel dumb.

I will appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Ani

:)

ANICOLE1, Mar 15, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 15, 2019
  3. FEEDBACK - attaching screen shot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I understand that you are facing issues with attaching screenshot to the Feedback app. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to attach a screenshot and check if that helps.

• Open Feedback app.
    • Click on “Screenshot” icon in the Feedback window.
    • Open the window you need to take a screenshot and then click on the “Camera” icon on the top left corner of the window.
    • Click on the “check mark” adjacent to the camera icon to save the screenshot.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?

Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive? - Similar Threads - attach destop icon

2. Can't sign into One Drive Destop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into One Drive Destop App: I recently had to do a complete reset of my PC and when I downloaded the One Drive App from the Microsoft store this happened. First it will take forever saying we're getting your account ready and then its says oops we're having a problem. Can someone please help?...
  3. Can't sign into One Drive Destop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into One Drive Destop App: I recently had to do a complete reset of my PC and when I downloaded the One Drive App from the Microsoft store this happened. First it will take forever saying we're getting your account ready and then its says oops we're having a problem. Can someone please help?...
  4. Icons attached and will not move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons attached and will not move: I do not know what is going on, but I have had a few problems with my taskbar for the last few days. When I open one or two apps, they will combine, and I cannot move the apps around in the taskbar like I used to be able to. When I do add apps, they start to get stuck with...
  5. Icons attached and will not move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons attached and will not move: I do not know what is going on, but I have had a few problems with my taskbar for the last few days. When I open one or two apps, they will combine, and I cannot move the apps around in the taskbar like I used to be able to. When I do add apps, they start to get stuck with...
  6. Can you move icons into different virtual desktops ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you move icons into different virtual desktops ?: I know you can run apps in different virtual desktops, but is there a way to split icons between different desktops ? I would like to use a different desktop for working on a particular project and move the icons for the apps used into that desktop. Thanks Jack Win10 183680
  7. How can I install a program/app to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I install a program/app to a different drive?: I've tried doing this before, going through the setup wizard and setting a path on my D drive instead of my C drive, but for some reason the program will still create log/data folders on ny C drive. How can I prevent a program or app from making folders or sharing data with...
  8. How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive?: Today i was trying to fix a problem with the new flight simulator. I somehow managed to press the "move to D Drive" button in settings. Can someone tell me how to cancel this? Google doesnt show anything. Edit: forgot to say, i cant launch the game now. submitted by...
  9. Windows moving destop icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows moving destop icon.: I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows stopped moving the folder and is now moving the image - is there any way to stop this? 115027
  10. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...