Windows 10: How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file

Discus and support How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just want to choose a specific file that will be automatically deleted each and every times it comes back. Any way to do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattJNE, Oct 13, 2021.

1. MattJNE Win User

How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file

I just want to choose a specific file that will be automatically deleted each and every times it comes back. Any way to do this?

:)

MattJNE, Oct 13, 2021
  2. theStand1 Win User

XML Files

I am sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
    I fear if I delete these XML files is that the XML files might be pdf files in reality, but just show up as XML files. Is it possible that the XML files are really pdf/ jpeg files just showing up as XML files? Ty

theStand1, Oct 13, 2021
  3. mr. Adam Win User
    C++ source code to compare XML files like ExamXML XML differ

I’m working on a Linux project that includes identifying changes between XML files and I need a source code on C++ to compare XML fragments.
    I’m using differencing tool ExamXML from A7Soft provides tools to compare XML documents to compare and merge XML files but this is Windows application.

Thanks.

mr. Adam, Oct 13, 2021
  4. NinjaNife Win User

How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file - Similar Threads - automatically delete certain

2. File manager automatically opens at a certain time - win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File manager automatically opens at a certain time - win11: I'm using win 11 and have a very annoying error when the file manager automatically pops up at random times.At first I suspected it might be a virus, to rule it out I tried reinstalling windows and reinstalling programs but still the same the installation I downloaded from...
  3. File manager automatically opens at a certain time - win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager automatically opens at a certain time - win11: I'm using win 11 and have a very annoying error when the file manager automatically pops up at random times.At first I suspected it might be a virus, to rule it out I tried reinstalling windows and reinstalling programs but still the same the installation I downloaded from...
  4. How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file: I just want to choose a specific file that will be automatically deleted each and every times it comes back. Any way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-automatically-delete-a-certain-file-each/84ee3c1c-cdce-4a9e-add2-10c8e9de3706
  5. How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file

How can I automatically delete a certain file each time it pops up? It is an .xml file: I just want to choose a specific file that will be automatically deleted each and every times it comes back. Any way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-automatically-delete-a-certain-file-each/84ee3c1c-cdce-4a9e-add2-10c8e9de3706
  6. How to automatically delete a file every time it comes back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to automatically delete a file every time it comes back?: I just want to choose a specific file that will be automatically deleted each and every times it comes back. Any way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-automatically-delete-a-file-every-time-it/71a6b170-ed14-4215-87ef-fc18f376e93d
  7. Onedrive deleted files pop-up notification

Onedrive deleted files pop-up notification: Dear Support, Earlier i deleted some pictures from my pc that were in onedrive. And got a pop-up notification about, that those files will be deleted on all online devices and that they will be found back in the recycle bin on onedrive. I checked the box that says "do not...
  8. XML Files

XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  9. how to convert the txt file into xml file

how to convert the txt file into xml file: I have used the application for conversion txt into xml file but when I convert it is showing an error that is something called as no program to convert it what should I do for conversion .But I know that it is silly question but it is part of my seeking the knowledge...
  10. How can I read xml files without the coding

How can I read xml files without the coding: Have installed XML Explorer and SMSBackuprestore but only getting messages with coding making them very difficult to read....