Windows 10: How can I avoid recompression of JPG wallpaper images

Discus and support How can I avoid recompression of JPG wallpaper images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all. To keep this as brief as I can, I'm having trouble with wallpaper compression. I already have the image compressed to what I want, and Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xblade, Jan 17, 2019.

1. xblade Win User

How can I avoid recompression of JPG wallpaper images

Hey all.

To keep this as brief as I can, I'm having trouble with wallpaper compression. I already have the image compressed to what I want, and Win10 further compresses it. Why?
    I have already gone into the registry, and correctly added 'JPEGImportQuality' under the specified location, with the decimal value set to 100. I can then reset the image as my wallpaper, and it will correctly set an uncompressed image, but later, for some reason, it reverts back to the low quality recompressed image.
    I have seen some people mention converting the image to PNG bypasses the compression, but I'd like to avoid doing that.

What is going on here?

:)

xblade, Jan 17, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 17, 2019
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 17, 2019
  4. How can I avoid recompression of JPG wallpaper images

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

How can I avoid recompression of JPG wallpaper images

1. How can I avoid recompression of JPG wallpaper images - Similar Threads - avoid recompression JPG

2. How can I avoid updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I avoid updating to Windows 11?: Up until recently I was using Windows 11 until my laptop got so unusable that I had to use Lenovo's clear wipe tool & fresh install windows 10.Just for reference:- Laptop would randomly restart when the lid was closed particularly annoying when its in my bag since it turns...
  3. How to Convert WEBP image to JPG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Convert WEBP image to JPG: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-webp-image-to-jpg/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  4. how can I avoid using one-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I avoid using one-drive: I don't want my files on one-drive. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-avoid-using-one-drive/30632f62-1599-442d-98e0-b24b56ebe153"
  5. How can I avoid loading the OEM logo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I avoid loading the OEM logo?: I use Dell Inspiron 3670, Windows Home 10, 1803 and my old computer takes about 4 minutes for booting. At first it loads the Dell logo screen, then logs in the screen. Can I avoid in some way loading the Dell logo? It will save me a lot of time...
  6. Wallpaper images

Wallpaper images: I installed a group of images from Microsoft over the weekend. This download comprises pictures of beautiful places. The images cycle through. I don't like this feature and wish to remove them. Where do I find them?...
  7. how can I avoid windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can I avoid windows updates: Greetings I rolled back to 1803 and received 2 updates causing a demand for activation that failed. update to 1809 solves this problem but damages my HP printer and nothing I did helped besides returning to 1803. I turned off everything I could in Settings --> update &...
  8. opening .jpg image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening .jpg image: unable to open .jpg image in photos. It just says this file type is unsupported. but it will play all the images in a slideshow. it will play other .jpg images no problem. Can anyone tell me how to open the images separately?...
  9. JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag: Suddenly, vertical JPG images show thumbnail images squeezed into horizontal thumbnail JPGs. RAW files are not affected and show vertical thumbnails as expected. I do have Sagethumbs installed, so that I can see JPG thumbnail images of PSD and TIFF files. No problems with...
  10. how can I avoid signing in each time

how can I avoid signing in each time: how can I avoid signing in each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-avoid-signing-in-each-time/0f124467-cb76-4e5a-9d1e-836146a8759b