Windows 10: How can I backup my Windows 10 files?

Discus and support How can I backup my Windows 10 files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, How can I backup my Windows 10 files? There seems to be something to backup files to the cloud. Please advise. Also, is it better to backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdelaney77, Jul 1, 2019.

1. How can I backup my Windows 10 files?

Hi,

How can I backup my Windows 10 files? There seems to be something to backup files to the cloud. Please advise. Also, is it better to backup using Windows 10 or using an external backup drive like MyPassport by Western Digital?

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jdelaney77, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

How can I backup my Windows 10 files?

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

How can I backup my Windows 10 files?

1. How can I backup my Windows 10 files? - Similar Threads - backup files

2. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  3. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  4. OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files: OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking. I went in an turned off backup of the documents folder, and it deleted the entirety of the folder from my local PC. I had not asked it to do any of this. I have to manually move files from the OneDrive back to the local...
  5. OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files

OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files: OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking. I went in an turned off backup of the documents folder, and it deleted the entirety of the folder from my local PC. I had not asked it to do any of this. I have to manually move files from the OneDrive back to the local...
  6. OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  8. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  9. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  10. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...