Windows 10: How can I backup the whole system?

Discus and support How can I backup the whole system? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Long story short I just got myself a brand new Laptop that comes with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed, however, I don't wish to use Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cat443, Mar 21, 2017.

1. cat443 Win User

How can I backup the whole system?

Hello,

Long story short I just got myself a brand new Laptop that comes with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed, however, I don't wish to use Windows 10 and would like to know how can I back up the whole system, installed files, everything! etc...

In case I don't want it any more or something is wrong I can just reinstall the default windows 10 with everything it had and return it.

Thank you
    -Cat

:)

cat443, Mar 21, 2017

2. how can i backup and restore my whole user account settings ?

Hi Anik,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; when you say Bangla
    wards, are you referring to any specific bangla font or bangla language pack?

As per your query, I like to inform you that; the user account settings cannot be restored using Windows’s backup.

If you are referring bangla language pack, then I suggest you to try adding the bangla language pack again and change the keyboard preference to bangla and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to add bangla language pack.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Bangla language from the given list.

To add the keyboard preference to bangla, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 21, 2017
  3. how can i backup and restore my whole user account settings ?

i won't reset my on- screen keyboard , i used to type lots of Bangla wards , that's wards are automatically saved in my old windows version , i just need them back in my new windows , i have old windows's backup .

how can i backup and restore my whole user account settings ?

anik Hasan, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums.

To return a PC that was built for Windows 10 to its default you don't need to make a backup. You just need to reset Windows.
    Reset Windows 10

Most of the major brands have added their custom driver/utilities to the reset configuration so a reset should put it back to 'as supplied' condition. Check you manufacturer's website or the manual for their 'restore to factory settings' instructions.

5. cat443 Win User
    And this would work even do I plan on formatting the computer and install Win 7?

Thanks!

cat443, Mar 22, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
  7. cat443 Win User
    Yeh I should be able to, I mean I don't see why not lol. It has a Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor (if that helps!)

I'm a IT student so I should be able to find a work around if not then Maybe Linux, I know this is a forum for Windows 10 but I did not know where to ask and I thought here was best.

So what's the best method to back it up encase I would need to send it back? But do you think the company would even care, I brought it from Dell.

Cheers!
    Cat

cat443, Mar 22, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Dell say create a recovery drive...
    Create Windows 10 recovery media for your Dell computer | Dell UK
    The 'system files' will include Dell's additional files/utilities so you should be able to use it to put it back to 'factory settings'.

No, they'd probably just re-image it and sell it as 'refurbished'.

9. lx07 Win User
  10. cereberus Win User
    As an IT student, I am surprised you want to use decade old technology on a new pc. Many people are finding Windows 7 does not have adequate 3rd party drivers for new pcs.

If it was me, I would create a virtual hard drive, install windows 7 in it as dual boot to test it works first.

Image backup using Macrium Reflect is a good plan.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I backup the whole system? - Similar Threads - backup whole system

2. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  3. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  4. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can i delete this backups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete this backups?: In Microsoft account at device i have 0 desktops. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-this-backups/cf409727-e4b4-49a7-8dbc-ecc65057826f
  6. How can i delete this backups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete this backups?: In Microsoft account at device i have 0 desktops. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-this-backups/cf409727-e4b4-49a7-8dbc-ecc65057826f
  7. How can I only backup the operating system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I only backup the operating system: I don't need file backup and it is just too big for my external hard disk- I'd like to keep a previous backup until the new one is successful created. 182317
  8. How can I backup/restore the system tray layout?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I backup/restore the system tray layout?: I have a Dell Latitude 7490 laptop which is normally connected to a docking station using USB-C. The docking station is connected to two monitors which each run a resolution of 1920x1200. The built-in monitor runs 1920x1080, but I don't use it when connected to the dock (lid...
  9. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  10. How do I set one language for the WHOLE system?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set one language for the WHOLE system?: I admit I use Japanese keyboard input by default. It all went well, only that 5 minutes ago the "tablet side" of the Windows 10's schizophrenic mind started to speak japanese... the rest is still in english, its just the apps and the tablet things that appear in japanese now....