Windows 10: how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone?

Discus and support how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] as shown below, there are two desktop apps. i want to ban QQ from using microphone while keep chrome active. i tried to click those two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QinYuping, May 17, 2020.

1. how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone?

/u/QinYuping, May 17, 2020

2. Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone

1. Open the settings app
    2. Go to Privacy - Microphone.
    3. On the right, disable the toggle switch under Allows apps to access your microphone. When access is allowed for the operating system as described above, all apps get access permissions by default.
      4. In the list below, you can control microphone access for certain apps individually. Every listed app has its own toggle option which you can enable or disable.

Sanghati Barman, May 17, 2020
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2020
  4. TheSCPMAN Win User

how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone?

Microphone blocked

When I go into the microphone settings, at the bottom are the apps I want my microphone on. But, they are under a section that is labeled "Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting" Apps under this text
    are things like Steam, certain games, etc.

TheSCPMAN, May 17, 2020
Thema:

how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone?

1. how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone? - Similar Threads - ban certain desktop

2. how can i keep certain items of an alternate desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i keep certain items of an alternate desktop: I am going to have to testify in a case and there is possibility that the adverse party could have an opportunity to have access to my computer. I am trying to figure out how I could limit access to one folder?...
  3. How to restrict internet access to certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict internet access to certain apps: I want to minimize data usage when I'm tethered to a mobile hotspot.As such, I want to allow internet access only by certain apps. I want to block *all* internet except by certain apps I select. How can this be done?...
  4. How to restrict internet access to certain apps

How to restrict internet access to certain apps: I want to minimize data usage when I'm tethered to a mobile hotspot.As such, I want to allow internet access only by certain apps. I want to block *all* internet except by certain apps I select. How can this be done?...
  5. How can I change the apps that can access microphone?

How can I change the apps that can access microphone?: I want to give microphone access to Microsoft Teams but I cant because I cant see Microsoft Teams in the list where I can give access to microphone...
  6. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings: Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there. I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything...
  7. Banned by Cloudflare from accessing Tenforums

in Windows 10 Support
    Banned by Cloudflare from accessing Tenforums: I am an occasional user of Tenforums. One of my customers recently migrated their servers to a commercial cloud hosting provider. Since then, I can no longer access Tenforums from this customer's server: When accessing tenforums.com I get to Error 1005 Access denied -...
  8. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  9. How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?

How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?: I have addiction to certain websites (NOT adult sites) that I want to block myself for a certain period of time . Is there any freeware or low price software to do so? Windows 10 environment It should work on all browsers otherwise it's not useful.... 132476
  10. How to start app on certain Desktop

How to start app on certain Desktop: Hello, I would like to ask if there is some way how to specify on which desktop will program/application start? I really like new more desktops system but i am missing some launch option for this (Shortcut option like "x:\xx\test.exe -desktop2"). 29161