Windows 10: How can I be signed in with MS account, but not have to log in every reset or screen lock

Discus and support How can I be signed in with MS account, but not have to log in every reset or screen lock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have three old PCs now running Win 10 Pro. 1. Can I sign in all three with Microsoft Account, but set up so other people in my home can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cos_, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Cos_ Win User

How can I be signed in with MS account, but not have to log in every reset or screen lock

I have three old PCs now running Win 10 Pro.

1. Can I sign in all three with Microsoft Account, but set up so other people in my home can use without reclogging in as someone else?

2. Can I set up PCs, so no password is required at start up or screen lock, or anything on PC?

3. Currently on 3 PCs One is signed in with MS Account other two are local users.

3.a. Cn I delete the local users and change to MS account, without have to re-set up everything, like file sharing.

3.b. File sharing has been a nightmare, two PC are still on original home group (must be older win 10 versions, not sure why as they still update). PC that originally set up home group was forced to update to later ver (1609?) and home group was partially removed. It is gone from search, gone from network menus, but still there when you right click folders to share.

3.c. I have tried so many things to get files to share, I have no idea what I did, I do not want to lose file sharing, it took perhaps 30 hours of repeated attempts. Microsoft really need to simplify this. OneDrive appears to be **** and well.....slow PCs, slow internet, multiple versions of win 10, multiple versions of OneDrive.....

:)

2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Andy_H20 Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Does anyone have any further suggestions on this? Thanks

Andy_H20, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Andy_H20 Win User

How can I be signed in with MS account, but not have to log in every reset or screen lock

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi

I've tried all of your suggested steps but when signing in still always get the message:

"That password is incorrect. Make sure you are using the password for your Microsoft Account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".

I can log into Windows (10) with no problem once signed in.

A slight concern I have is that the sign-in screen displays my MS email address and requires me to enter my MS password. I work freelance and have to use the Surface Pro in public places a lot... this is probably paranoia but it would be possible to pick
    up both just from watching me sign in (though you'd have to really want to, obviously).

Thanks for your comments anyway... I'd appreciate other suggestions if you have any.

Andy_H20, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I be signed in with MS account, but not have to log in every reset or screen lock - Similar Threads - signed account log

2. My Microsoft Account is Locked & I can NOT log into it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Account is Locked & I can NOT log into it: I Had a Phone Call on my Landline From a Person claiming to be from Microsoft & he told me that my Computer HAD Security Issues & that you would fix them, BUT he has locked my Account & I cannot sign into it to Read my E-Mails or do Anything else....
  3. My Microsoft Account is Locked & I can NOT log into it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microsoft Account is Locked & I can NOT log into it: I Had a Phone Call on my Landline From a Person claiming to be from Microsoft & he told me that my Computer HAD Security Issues & that you would fix them, BUT he has locked my Account & I cannot sign into it to Read my E-Mails or do Anything else....
  4. How can I reset the password of my local account from the sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset the password of my local account from the sign in screen?: •Windows 11 on a laptop•The local account is the administrator•The local account is the only account on my deviceThe reset link on the sign in screen only works if I have a flashdrive formated to reset my local account. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of flash drive...
  5. How can I reset the password of my local account from the sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reset the password of my local account from the sign in screen?: •Windows 11 on a laptop•The local account is the administrator•The local account is the only account on my deviceThe reset link on the sign in screen only works if I have a flashdrive formated to reset my local account. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of flash drive...
  6. Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10: Hi,I am using Windows 10 linked to my MS account, everything was working fine until I decided to change my password. After changing my password after every restart I am signed out of every application linked to my MS account like the Xbox app and I get the "Microsoft account...
  7. Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10: Hi,I am using Windows 10 linked to my MS account, everything was working fine until I decided to change my password. After changing my password after every restart I am signed out of every application linked to my MS account like the Xbox app and I get the "Microsoft account...
  8. Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  10. Lock Screen/Having to Sign In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock Screen/Having to Sign In: I was thrilled when I first got W10 that I was not required to sign back in every time I went to the bathroom or to get a cup of coffee. Then I did a restart and, yup, there was the lock screen and the requirement to sign back in.*Mad This thread is mostly gobbledygook to...