Windows 10: How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

Discus and support How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by susaneschwartz, Nov 26, 2021.

1. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry that it still has my imprint on it.How can I be sure it has been reset?

:)

susaneschwartz, Nov 26, 2021

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 26, 2021
  4. 2wicked Win User

How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

2wicked, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

1. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive - Similar Threads - sure wiped everything

2. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  3. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  4. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  5. How to wipe the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to wipe the hard drive?: I have tried to wipe the computer to give it away , three times. It always says nothing has been done *original title: after hours of waiting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wipe-the-hard-drive/d46ef778-9626-47e2-9905-97240b712b4a
  6. upgrading hard drive - how can i copy everything over?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgrading hard drive - how can i copy everything over?: Hello, I am upgrading my primary drive from a 1TB SSD to a 2TB SSD. I want to simply replace my drive, copying over everything to the new one. I have looked into different methods like the one here, allowing me to create a system image, replace the ssd, and then restore from...
  7. If I wiped everything on my hard drive, including windows, would I be able to reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I wiped everything on my hard drive, including windows, would I be able to reinstall it?: It is a long story on why this may be my last resort, nonetheless I’m curious as to what the outcome would be. I have my Windows usb and product key so I think I’d be able to. Right? submitted by /u/PM_ME_________PLEASE [link] [comments]...
  8. Can I wipe a second internal hard drive also?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I wipe a second internal hard drive also?: I'm donating my old PC, and it has two internal SSDs. If I choose Reset my PC, and choose Remove everything, will it wipe the second drive for me also? Or give me the option?...
  9. Everything is wiped off of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything is wiped off of my laptop: A bad update happened according to the person who looked at my laptop. Nothing works there is a single icon and if you click on it, it is described as not their. It will not connect to internet as it says nothing is nearby (there is). I can not search and windows taskbar...
  10. Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.: My brother has an Acer Swift 1, running Windows 10. He recently installed a windows update, and upon reboot, found a black screen. An empty desktop, with only the Windows search bar in the bottom left. Clicking it does nothing, I've even attempted opening the file explorer...