Windows 10: How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

Discus and support How can I block a specific update on Active Directory? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Terry Kim_No.1, Jun 7, 2022.

1. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would actually work.I'd like to add more rules to Active Directory to block the update.How can I block the windows 11 update?

:)

Terry Kim_No.1, Jun 7, 2022

2. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jun 7, 2022
  4. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

1. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory? - Similar Threads - block specific update

2. Active directory RSAT tools block required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Active directory RSAT tools block required: Hi DearI am using windows server 2019 with an active directory I have more than 1500 user on my server, as well as 20 users has assign local admin like all are enterprise adminthis time I want to revoke local admin and they was used RSAT tools and manage users like user...
  3. Active directory RSAT tools block required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active directory RSAT tools block required: Hi DearI am using windows server 2019 with an active directory I have more than 1500 user on my server, as well as 20 users has assign local admin like all are enterprise adminthis time I want to revoke local admin and they was used RSAT tools and manage users like user...
  4. Active directory RSAT tools block required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade an Active Directory: Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016 without any error? or do we need to get support of an Active directory Migration expert....
  6. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

How can I upgrade an Active Directory: Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016 without any error? or do we need to get support of an Active directory Migration expert....
  7. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?: On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would...
  8. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?: On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would...
  9. How to create active directory domain user account with a specific SID ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create active directory domain user account with a specific SID ?: Hi all, I have deleted an active directory user account on my domain controller server. Can I recreate this user account with the old SID of this user account ? Because I need to use this user account to log into user's computer profile again to get some data on it. After...
  10. How to block a specific windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to block a specific windows update?: My PC worked fine. I went away for a few days. I came back and 2 updates applied KB45653351 and KB45653751. My pc now randomly hangs. I get a bing sound, and that's it, everything stops responding. If I try and uninstall either or both of those updates, the re-apply...