Windows 10: How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?

Discus and support How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't see it on the list of apps, so the only thing I can do is block the URL. I don't mind her being on it after school, but it is an issue to be on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by YodeFaceIV, Feb 19, 2021.

1. How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?

I don't see it on the list of apps, so the only thing I can do is block the URL. I don't mind her being on it after school, but it is an issue to be on while she's remote learning. How can I block it between 8am and 3pm?

:)

YodeFaceIV, Feb 19, 2021

2. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Feb 20, 2021
  3. stevenh76 Win User
    Blocking google images on child account

How can I block google images from my child's account? I added it to the "block" list and was able to go to reinstall it on my child's account without parental permission

stevenh76, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Jane Lla Win User

How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?

Child account web page access

Hello,

To allow or block specific websites. Follow steps below:

1. Sign in to family on the Microsoft account website.

2. Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

3. Select Web browsing.

4. To add a site to their allow list, go to Always allow these and enter the
    URL of a website you want to allow.

5. To add a site to their block list, go to Always block these and enter the
    URL of a website you want to block.

To learn more, check our
    support page

Regards.

Jane Lla, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?

1. How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning? - Similar Threads - block Discord during

2. How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.: For some context my home computer had broke in a new update 22H2. So I had to rely on my school laptop for everything, including reformatting a external hard drive to fix my old computer. I had tired everything I could read but to avail. So this is my last option. The only...
  3. How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.: For some context my home computer had broke in a new update 22H2. So I had to rely on my school laptop for everything, including reformatting a external hard drive to fix my old computer. I had tired everything I could read but to avail. So this is my last option. The only...
  4. One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...: We have one child with two laptops...one for school and one for home free time. I want to block almost all of the internet access other than educational material from his school computer, but allow most of it on the home computer. I don't see how to do that. Please help....
  5. One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...: We have one child with two laptops...one for school and one for home free time. I want to block almost all of the internet access other than educational material from his school computer, but allow most of it on the home computer. I don't see how to do that. Please help....
  6. Unlimited screen time during school hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unlimited screen time during school hours: I've setup "screen time" usage for my daughter's laptop - am familiar with multiple schedules within days and the like. I am looking to discover a solution for configuring screen time restrictions to only apply outside of school hours as she uses her laptop at school....
  7. How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

How to I set screen time to not count during school hours: My kids are part of a bring your own device program at school. I would like to set between 8:30 and 2:30 to not count toward their daily screen time limit and never lock their screen. How to i allow list these hours?...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety blocking Middle School Learning site

Microsoft Family Safety blocking Middle School Learning site: Hi, We've been using MS Family Safety for a few years now without issue. But, we got my daughter a new laptop for Christmas Windows 10 and now when she tries to access one of her Middle School classrooms online she gets blocked. So, we have to Allow her access every time...
  9. How can I block reddit and discord with Microsoft Family Safety?

How can I block reddit and discord with Microsoft Family Safety?: I've already added these sites to the "not allowed list" and also clicked "only use allowed websites", but my kid is still able to use them....
  10. blocking apps and games during school hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blocking apps and games during school hours: During the pandemic lockdown I have been exploring different solutions to block my son from playing video games during his online education time. I thought the microsoft family link would help but can't seem to be able to block a game etc. Minecraft from 8:30-3:30. He logs...