Windows 10: How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?

Discus and support How can I block the Microsoft News Feed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time (a) I click on my outlook.com tab and also (b) when I leave the MS Community, I get the blasted Microsoft News Feed. I don't want it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Taffy087, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?

Every time (a) I click on my outlook.com tab and also (b) when I leave the MS Community, I get the blasted Microsoft News Feed.

I don't want it and I can't stand it - it's full of nonsense as far as I'm concerned. It also interferes with my use of MY laptop.

Every time it appears, I have to go through the rigmarole of hiding it but it still appears the next time.

I've set my outlook.com mail to be my home page but it overrides that too.

How can I block it?

PS I used to have a similar problem with MSN News appearing every time I shut down my laptop. Thank goodness that's stopped - it often was the source of a scam, or a virus.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Taffy087, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

did nothing

PeterRedding, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I block the Microsoft News Feed? - Similar Threads - block Microsoft News

2. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  3. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  4. how do i block content on the news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i block content on the news feed?: I do not like propaganda on my home page. How do I permanently block these goofy sites from my home page? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-content-on-the-news-feed/4d0a8287-6458-450e-b49b-ad4c312b13e0
  5. how do i block content on the news feed?

how do i block content on the news feed?: I do not like propaganda on my home page. How do I permanently block these goofy sites from my home page? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-content-on-the-news-feed/4d0a8287-6458-450e-b49b-ad4c312b13e0
  6. Blocking news feeds doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking news feeds doesn't work.: I don't want these annoying news widgets, I just want the weather widget. I've tried blocking everything, all topics, but it never sticks. When I return to the personalisation page everything is unblocked again. Hiding the news feeds doesn't work either, they keep returning....
  7. Blocking news feeds doesn't work.

Blocking news feeds doesn't work.: I don't want these annoying news widgets, I just want the weather widget. I've tried blocking everything, all topics, but it never sticks. When I return to the personalisation page everything is unblocked again. Hiding the news feeds doesn't work either, they keep returning....
  8. Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????: Using a Surface Pro-7 with Windows 11 and the latest updates and Edge Version 103.0.1264.37 Official build 64-bit. Microsoft doesn't seem capable of blocking the news sources I have requested to block. If I select "Hide Larry Brown Sports" or "Hide <pick any news source>", I...
  9. Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????

Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????: Using a Surface Pro-7 with Windows 11 and the latest updates and Edge Version 103.0.1264.37 Official build 64-bit. Microsoft doesn't seem capable of blocking the news sources I have requested to block. If I select "Hide Larry Brown Sports" or "Hide <pick any news source>", I...
  10. How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?: Every time (a) I click on my outlook.com tab and also (b) when I leave the MS Community, I get the blasted Microsoft News Feed. I don't want it and I can't stand it - it's full of nonsense as far as I'm concerned. It also interferes with my use of MY laptop. Every time it...