Windows 10: How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

Discus and support How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by npsyntax, May 21, 2023.

1. npsyntax Win User

How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to shutdownWindows key + F17 = some wacky minimization thingWindows key + F20 = mini screen clipperWindows key + F21 = opens the settingsWindows key + F22 = projector menuI want to block these from happening.I've tried:AHK AutoHotkey v. 1.1.33.02#F16::return<#F16::return>#F16::returnThis code does NOT block 'Windows Ke

:)

npsyntax, May 21, 2023

2. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

I recently got a 12-key macro keypad where the keys are programmed to be F13 - F24. These keys are recognized by Windows 10 and I can use them with Autohotkey or with other programs that let you set shortcuts such as OBS. However, I can't set them as keyboard shortcuts when I'm in the properties menu of a shortcut icon. When I hit the F13 key, for example, it doesn't show anything in the shortcut field. Is there a workaround for this or a way to edit the shortcut icons so you can assign keyboard shortcuts to them that the menu doesn't allow?

geekinchief, May 21, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2023
  4. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

How to disable Windows 10 Function Key Shortcuts

I recently got a new mouse which has some extra buttons. The software allows me to map these extra buttons wherever I want. I saw that the F13-F24 keys were available and selected F15, F16, F17, F18 for various tasks. This works very well except when I want
    to open the start menu.

If I was holding down my PTT key (F18) while pressing the Windows key to open up the Start Menu, Sticky Notes would open up. If I press down Windows + F16, the computer opens a "Slide to Shut Down". Windows + the other 2 keys takes a screenshot and the other
    one makes my displays go black for a few seconds. Is there a way to disable these keyboard shortcuts? I would like to keep my key assignments and avoid having to change them.

PrithviShivaraman, May 21, 2023
Thema:

How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

1. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24? - Similar Threads - block system functions

2. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  3. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  4. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?: I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to...
  5. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?: I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to...
  6. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  7. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  8. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts: I recently got a 12-key macro keypad where the keys are programmed to be F13 - F24. These keys are recognized by Windows 10 and I can use them with Autohotkey or with other programs that let you set shortcuts such as OBS. However, I can't set them as keyboard shortcuts when...
  9. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System Sound When I Press a Key: I just recently uograded my PC and use hotkeys for programs such as Discord and now whenever i click on the desktop and then use the hotkey, or press any key for that matter it makes a Windows System sound. I believe its the default sound or the exclamation since both of...
  10. Xbox GameBar doesn't recognize F13-F24 keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox GameBar doesn't recognize F13-F24 keys: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plasticsparks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/guc2ne/xbox_gamebar_doesnt_recognize_f13f24_keys/