Windows 10: How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images?

Discus and support How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Windowws 11 operating system.I have over 4,000 images that have been taken using 3:4 aspect ratio and in many cases cropped to remove background or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Maund, Feb 2, 2023.

1. How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images?

Hi,Windowws 11 operating system.I have over 4,000 images that have been taken using 3:4 aspect ratio and in many cases cropped to remove background or superfluous space.I'm trying to get all photos to a 1:1 square aspect ratio by having a black background and then putting the resized image on top of that background.I have power tools installed but this only allows me to resize the image to change the background and aspect ratio.Apologies, I've tried loading example images but each time I get a "failed to upload" error message.Hope someone can help :Chris

:)

Chris Maund, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Boris206 Win User

Aspect ratios of images in the Windows 10 lock screen slideshow

So the Windows 10 lock screen slideshow has limitations on the aspect ratio of images it displays. It prefers landscape images over portrait, but can not display panorama (like 4:1 aspect ratio).

Boris206, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Aspect ratio adjustment

The aspect ratio of my screen is wrong. The picture is all stretched out with black on the top and bottom of the desktop background. How do I get the ratio back to normal?

LarryJamison, Feb 2, 2023
  4. How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images?

Change monitor aspect ratio

The aspect ratio of your monitor is fixed and can't be changed, because it depends on the arrangement of the pixels on the screen.

When you display an image on your monitor whose aspect ratio is different from the aspect ratio of your monitor, what you'll see depends on how different the aspect ratios are. Usually, you see black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen, or on the
    left and the right, a familiar appearance known as 'letterboxing.'

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images?

1. How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images? - Similar Threads - bulk resize aspect

2. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  3. How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I bulk resize to 1:1 aspect ratio and add a black background to 4,000 images?: Hi,Windowws 11 operating system.I have over 4,000 images that have been taken using 3:4 aspect ratio and in many cases cropped to remove background or superfluous space.I'm trying to get all photos to a 1:1 square aspect ratio by having a black background and then putting the...
  4. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch: Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/43-aspect-ratio-doesnt-stretch/e923b747-204d-460b-aff6-e31872b540ab
  5. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  6. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  7. A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3...: Thanks. submitted by /u/TheIncredibleGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kuj03g/a_bit_of_an_odd_question_if_i_play_a_game_such_as/
  8. 4:3 aspect ratio problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    4:3 aspect ratio problem: Hello fellow Microsoft users, I have run into a problem a few hours ago. I was playing a game that was 4:3 full screen, and I turned my laptop off. When I turned It back on, my whole display was 4:3, even though I have a 16:9 monitor and it is normally 16:9. I have tried...
  9. Filtering non-square pictures/1:1 aspect ratio?

Filtering non-square pictures/1:1 aspect ratio?: I have a bunch of music files with associated cover art named "cover.jpg". A large majority of them are perfectly square aspect ratio, which is what I want. A few are close to square (say 1400x1401) and I'd like to filter those non-square pics out and crop them to square...
  10. Is there a way to resize a window and keep aspect ratio?

Is there a way to resize a window and keep aspect ratio?: I swear I remember way back before windows 10 but on windows you could hold like shift and left click and drag the window only it would only grow maintaining the aspect ratio when you have your cursor on the corner of a window. submitted by /u/megasworth [link] [comments]...