Windows 10: How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

Discus and support How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 On my older PC I followed instructions which were given on this forum, but I have forgotten them. Can someone help please?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Stanley1961, Mar 4, 2020.

1. How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

1903 (OS Build 18363.535

On my older PC I followed instructions which were given on this forum, but I have forgotten them.
    Can someone help please?

:)

Stanley1961, Mar 4, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Mar 4, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 4, 2020
  4. DaveToms Win User

How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

Broken security by bypassing lock screen on restart

Question:

Why does Windows bypass the lock screen when it restarts after a Windows update? I consider this a security design flaw. If a maintenance crew came by my home while I'm at work to do some home renovation upgrades but they left the
    front door unlocked when they finished, when I got home I'd wonder what on Earth they were thinking. I hope I've just missed a setting somewhere to disable this.

Three things I accept:

1. Locking my computer to protect my privacy.

2. Windows restarting after an update.

3. Windows automatically updating, which is frustrating but acceptable.

But I don't accept Windows bypassing the lock screen after an update.

Precondition:

Windows 10 is set up to require a password at sign in, both on startup and on the lock screen.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Lock the computer.

Step 2: Leave the room.

Step 3: Wait for Windows to perform an automatic system update.

Step 4: Windows restarts automatically.

Problem 1: Windows bypasses the lock screen, instead signing in and showing the desktop.

Problem 2: Come home and book a doctor's appointment to deal with the stress of seeing my computer unlocked.

It's my first post in the community so suggestions about posting etiquette are welcome.

DaveToms, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

1. How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver? - Similar Threads - bypass login lock

2. Can I bypass a login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I bypass a login screen?: I've got an old PC from 2016 I believe that was passed down to me from my grandpa, he told me it was a friends that gave it to him cause he needed a new one, turns out he never actually used it and when he moved he gave it to me. I never used it either but I just pulled it...
  3. Can I bypass a login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I bypass a login screen?: I've got an old PC from 2016 I believe that was passed down to me from my grandpa, he told me it was a friends that gave it to him cause he needed a new one, turns out he never actually used it and when he moved he gave it to me. I never used it either but I just pulled it...
  4. Can I bypass a login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can you bypass the pre-login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you bypass the pre-login screen: I hate that screen (pretty as it is) because it is often non-responsive to clicks. I have click in its center get to the login screen. I am fine to have login because my wife shares the computer so she might want to get to her login. How to start with the login screen? 172913
  6. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  7. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  8. How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?: 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 On my older PC I followed instructions which were given on this forum, but I have forgotten them. Can someone help please? 151623
  9. bypass lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass lock screen: how do I get into my Lenovo ideapad bypassing the screen lock passcode I cant get into the computer cause I forgot the passcode and doing a factory reset didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-lock-screen/c2b1ec96-53dc-421c-ba79-6d0789e4937c"
  10. How can I bypass splash and login screens?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I bypass splash and login screens?: Previous versions of Windows I have installed from disc. When it came to the question of creating a password I left that blank and the computer booted to the desktop. In my new version of 10 I get a pretty picture which requires me to click on an icon at the bottom to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell insperration all in one bypass lock screen