Windows 10: How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV?

Discus and support How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I only recently got a laptop and I have been pulling my hair out over this. My entire life it has always been the case that, a lot of stuff can be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Srapture, Jan 15, 2021.

1. How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV?

I only recently got a laptop and I have been pulling my hair out over this. My entire life it has always been the case that, a lot of stuff can be done on a phone, but a proper computer will always do it better and is more versatile. However, Windows 10 doesn't seem to have proper casting support, which BAFFLES me!

The "cast to device" casts MP4 and MP3 to the PC without issue, but refuses to cast MKV. If I cast the exact same MKV from my phone to the TV, via LocalCast, BubbleUPnP, VLC, etc, it works without issue. If I access the MKV on my PC as a network device from the TV app, it works without issue.

So, the TV supports MKV, the TV can play MKV from my PC, my PC can cast MP4 to the TV, but it CAN'T cast MKV to the TV? It doesn't make any sense!

VLC player doesn't display my TV as a renderer, Chrome (and therefore Videostream) says the device is not supported.

I'm just so confused by this. If my phone can handle this with absolutely no issues whatsoever, why is there not a single application on Windows 10 that can do this? There is thread after thread of people having the same issues and there is never a solution. Is my google fu weak, and there is actually a solution to this buried in some Windows 10 network setting somewhere, or am I just going to have to keep doing all the DLNA/UPnP stuff from my phone because Microsoft are incompetent?

submitted by /u/Srapture
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Srapture, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Jeddie Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV?

Brink, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV?

1. How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV? - Similar Threads - cast MKV smart

2. How can I watch my purchased movie on my LG smart TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I watch my purchased movie on my LG smart TV?: I purchased a Lionsgate movie Gamer from the Microsoft Movies and TV store, but Lionsgate doesn't participate in the Movies Anywhere app. How can I watch my purchased movie on my LG smart TV?...
  3. How can I watch my purchased movie on my LG smart TV?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I watch my purchased movie on my LG smart TV?: I purchased a Lionsgate movie Gamer from the Microsoft Movies and TV store, but Lionsgate doesn't participate in the Movies Anywhere app. How can I watch my purchased movie on my LG smart TV?...
  4. Cannot cast from Windows 11 to Anyview cast Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot cast from Windows 11 to Anyview cast Smart TV: I'm attempting to project to a second display onto a Smart TV supporting Anyview Cast Hisense Smart TV. I've attempted this with two different Windows 10 laptops, both using the Project to second screen > Connect to a wireless display options.In both cases, it attempts to...
  5. Cannot cast from Windows 11 to Anyview cast Smart TV

Cannot cast from Windows 11 to Anyview cast Smart TV: I'm attempting to project to a second display onto a Smart TV supporting Anyview Cast Hisense Smart TV. I've attempted this with two different Windows 10 laptops, both using the Project to second screen > Connect to a wireless display options.In both cases, it attempts to...
  6. Cast to lg tv win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to lg tv win 11: Windows 11 dell xps 13 9310 casting to lg nano tv , my laptop cast to the lg tv then after 5 seconds disconnects, occasionally it will stay on all day and then start doing this, now I cannot connect at all for more than 5 secodns. Casting to the tv seems to turn off the tvs...
  7. Cast to lg tv win 11

Cast to lg tv win 11: Windows 11 dell xps 13 9310 casting to lg nano tv , my laptop cast to the lg tv then after 5 seconds disconnects, occasionally it will stay on all day and then start doing this, now I cannot connect at all for more than 5 secodns. Casting to the tv seems to turn off the tvs...
  8. Having trouble Screen casting my PC to my Smart LG TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble Screen casting my PC to my Smart LG TV.: Hey guys, I really need help with this one. I know there's a way to share your screen with Miracast, but that doesn't work. Usually, in the tutorials I see online, there is a button that lets you go forward with the process. But, that's not showing up. I got to the Device...
  9. Screenshare / Miracast from Windows 10 to LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshare / Miracast from Windows 10 to LG Smart TV: Hi, I'm experiencing issues connecting my Windows 10 desktop for Screenshare/Miracast with an LG 49UK6400PLF and was hoping to get some solutions here. It works when connecting an Android device but not Windows for some reason? I'm using a Ralink 802.11n USB Wireless LAN...
  10. can not connect my laptop to my lg smart tv

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not connect my laptop to my lg smart tv: Hi, I had been connecting to my LG 55uj630t for months. One day my laptop wouldn't join, "unable to connect". I tried for 4 day to resolve the matter: forums, customer service, internet searches, etc. Finally, I decided to reset all of my network hardware,...