Windows 10: How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent

Discus and support How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change background color of the app shortcut to transparent like other program shortcuts? It does not seem beautiful and does not match the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Teerapat Engpaiboon, Jan 28, 2021.

1. How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent

How can I change background color of the app shortcut to transparent like other program shortcuts?

It does not seem beautiful and does not match the other program shortcuts.

How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent 3885b92c-6879-4198-84d8-87db7d80866c?upload=true.png

:)

Teerapat Engpaiboon, Jan 28, 2021

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Desktop Icon Background Color

Your example is a shortcut for the Camera app, a UWP app managed by the Store. I'm betting that the other blue desktop icons are also for Store apps.

The icon is part of the app, and would be updated whenever the Store automatically updates its apps. Going from transparent background to blue suggests MS have modified the Store app icons in the latest update and messed up its transparency effect. You'll have to wait for the next Store update to see if they correct this.

You cannot uninstall a Store app update to revert to an earlier version, but you can change its shortcut's icon. Right-click on the icon and select Properties, then click the Change icon button. Choose an appropriate icon, there is a camera icon available in the SHELL32.dll that it will offer by default - and that one is transparent .

How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent [​IMG]

4. How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts' Colors

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, provide us the operating system that is installed on your PC?

If you want to change the color of a desktops shortcut font (text), then follow the below steps.

Step 1: Right click on an empty space on the desktop and click on 'Personalize'.

Step 2: It gives you the choice between Picture, Solid, or Slideshow under
    Background, choose 'Solid' under drop-down list.

Step 3: Set the color to Orange and this will make the shortcut icon text Black.

Step 4: After the above steps, you can set your background image as your choice and the icon font will remain black.

NOTE: You can only change the font color to either White or Black.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent

1. How can I change app shortcut background color on desktop to transparent - Similar Threads - change app shortcut

2. Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?: I am getting a purple background on the WhatsApp and Spotify has a green one desktop shortcuts see image. I tried downloading an ico file but they come out really pixelated and don't look good. How can I remove this background please note purple is my window theme, which is...
  3. Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purple background on desktop shortcuts - how can I remove this?: I am getting a purple background on the WhatsApp and Spotify has a green one desktop shortcuts see image. I tried downloading an ico file but they come out really pixelated and don't look good. How can I remove this background please note purple is my window theme, which is...
  4. Blue Background on App Desktop Shortcuts

Blue Background on App Desktop Shortcuts: The only way I have been able to figure out how to create app shortcuts so far with Windows 11 is to open the start menu, select "All Apps" in the top right, and drag the app to my desktop, except every time I do this there is a blue background behind the app I created a...
  5. How i can change the boot background color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can change the boot background color: I got a new computer it already had Windows installed and the company that installed my Windows chose black for boot background and I am used from my previous computer to a blue background the color I chose for Windows to use please help me to change the color to blueversion:...
  6. How i can change the boot background color

How i can change the boot background color: I got a new computer it already had Windows installed and the company that installed my Windows chose black for boot background and I am used from my previous computer to a blue background the color I chose for Windows to use please help me to change the color to blueversion:...
  7. How to change background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  8. Shortcut key to change desktop background

Shortcut key to change desktop background: There are a few threads about changing the desktop background. All of these claim there is no shortcut key. All the threads are locked, or I would add this query to an existing thread. Despite the claims to the contrary, I have many times accidentally changed the desktop...
  9. how can I change the color of an application background?

how can I change the color of an application background?: I need to change the gray background color in an application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-can-i-change-the-color-of-an-application/a60150b7-2a41-48cd-b193-39fc7fbdf7f4
  10. Change app background color

Change app background color: I've been able to change most of the colors (Active & Inactive Title Bar, etc.) using Superfly's S.M.A.C.C. However, I'd like to change the background of certain apps, whose background always seems white. e.g. I notice that when I start Calculator, it flashes blue, then turns...