Windows 10: How can I change desktop icons to black.

Discus and support How can I change desktop icons to black. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-desktop-icons-to-black/e20db909-adef-4dda-916c-799ca3bf4fe3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by spica4038, Jan 21, 2021.

1. spica4038 Win User

How can I change desktop icons to black.

help please

:)

spica4038, Jan 21, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. d2thomas Win User
    Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

Hello tenforums, I hope you can help.

A friend of mine who recently upgraded to Windows 10 is legally blind and is struggling with some accessibility options. Here is what we are struggling with: We need to change the font color of desktop icons to black. Certain contrasts are more visible for some impairments and in this case, a yellow background with black bold icon text is the best condition.

What I've tried:
    • Tried high contrast theme / mode
    • Tried to modify regedit based on a suggestion for 8.1 here.

Where I've looked:
    • Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Performance
    • Personalize - Change Desktop Icons
    • Personalize - Colors
    • Control Panel - Personalization
    • Display Settings
    • Themes - Theme Settings

I was able to get the text black when using the white high contrast mode, but that option won't work. While it does change the icon text to black, it also takes over many other options that deliver a less than desirable contrast for the user. We originally were thinking we could start with the high contrast theme, save as another theme and then systematically roll back the changes we didn't like, leaving the black text. Does not work - when in high contrast mode it effectively locks out your ability to make certain changes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

d2thomas, Jan 21, 2021
  4. How can I change desktop icons to black.

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

How can I change desktop icons to black.

1. How can I change desktop icons to black. - Similar Threads - change desktop icons

2. Black desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black desktop Icons: Been fighting this problem for a while now and tried everything I could find. Today I came here and found a file to restore the shortcut icon arrow and now all is fine, so far. My question is who at MS thought that a shortcut arrow was a good idea? Also, has anybody tried to...
  3. How can I change the ICON to a webpage shortcut on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the ICON to a webpage shortcut on my desktop?: For YEARS I have easily created webpage shortcuts on my desktop by simply dragging the URL to the desktop, and then selected a cute ICON from many downloaded ICO files that helps me quickly visit that website. I was changing some default programs on my WIN10 desktop, and...
  4. how to change icons colors to black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change icons colors to black?: i recently tweaked my pc to look similar to windows 98, but the default color for windows 10 icons on the taskbar (such as sound, battery, etc) is white, which does not blend well with the white windows 98 taskbar. does anyone know how to edit the icon colors so that theyre...
  5. How to change the desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the desktop icons?: Ok so I bought a custom theme called Paranoid Android, how do I get the icons from the folders onto shortcuts? submitted by /u/McLuvinMan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f12hfc/how_to_change_the_desktop_icons/
  6. can i and how do i change desktop icon text color to black?

can i and how do i change desktop icon text color to black?: White text does not show well on light colored desktop background color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-and-how-do-i-change-desktop-icon-text-color/d539cd29-6cca-4463-8356-a62eb501a8a7
  7. how to change the desktop icon

how to change the desktop icon: There is no place to chose customization like the rest of the folders for the desktop icon ... (as seen in pic) 131788
  8. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?: I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-icon-label-font-on-my-desktop/05486864-d058-4b99-8a25-9cdc5587fb94
  9. How can i change this icon?

How can i change this icon?: I wanted to know if we can change this icon [img] to a HeadPhone or a Custom Icon when we plug a Something in the HeadPhone Jack. 124496
  10. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons keep changing to Black: Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this? Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer...