Windows 10: How can I change destination Drive downloading from Microsoft Store ?

Discus and support How can I change destination Drive downloading from Microsoft Store ? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just installed FilmForth from the Microsoft Download/Store , it automatically downloads and chooses the installation , I do not want Programs on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JimDirt, Feb 14, 2021.

1. JimDirt Win User

How can I change destination Drive downloading from Microsoft Store ?

I just installed FilmForth from the Microsoft Download/Store , it automatically downloads and chooses the installation , I do not want Programs on my SSD because it is too small 250gb , I have a 2tb D drive and a 2tb E drive , one I use for My Documents and the other is strictly for Programs and Games , is there a way to stop anything I download from Microsoft Store from defaulting to my C drive ??? as I only want the OS on it and nothing else .....

Any helpful info would be appreciated .... Thanks ..... Jim

:)

JimDirt, Feb 14, 2021

2. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 14, 2021
  3. mb300e Win User
    Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

I changed the DNS Servers to 8 8 8 8 and 8 8 4 4, but still no downloads. I finished my drive partition backups so the next step is the Microsoft Store on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

mb300e, Feb 14, 2021
  4. How can I change destination Drive downloading from Microsoft Store ?

Change file destination for movies from microsoft store

I would like to change the file path and save destination for the movies I purchased through the Microsoft store to my external drive. Is that possible? I do not see any option when I go to download. I plan on purchasing a lot of movies and I do not want
    to clutter my internal memory if I can just move it to my external.

Thank you.

RyanEhrhard, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

How can I change destination Drive downloading from Microsoft Store ?

1. How can I change destination Drive downloading from Microsoft Store ? - Similar Threads - change destination Drive

2. I can download anything from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can download anything from the microsoft store: My account is over 18 but I still cant download things from the microsoft store because every time I try there is a window about microsoft family "ask for permission" but when I click on it there is an error with a Trace ID: zW1g7zY+XkOPrMT7.3.1. I use to be in a microsoft...
  3. How do I change the instalation destination of products from the microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I change the instalation destination of products from the microsoft store?: I want to install a game from the Microsot Store. Everytime I try to install it it tells me that my storage is to small. So I want to install it on a diffret drive but how can I change the drive. Yes i have tried to change the destination in Settings>System>Storage...
  4. How do I change destination for pictures in download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change destination for pictures in download?: Hi, I'm trying to change the settings for downloading photos from a friend because the destination is nowmy sketchbook file and the photos don't always open with that. How can I change my destination to All Files?Every time I try to download a picture it automatacally...
  5. How do I change destination for pictures in download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change destination for pictures in download?: Hi, I'm trying to change the settings for downloading photos from a friend because the destination is nowmy sketchbook file and the photos don't always open with that. How can I change my destination to All Files?Every time I try to download a picture it automatacally...
  6. Microsoft store downloading everything to C drive - How to change it?

Microsoft store downloading everything to C drive - How to change it?: Hi there,So, I know this question has been asked before, but how on earth can I stop the Microsoft store from downloading every game to my C drive first BEFORE it actually moves it to my drive which I selected as the location for the game to be installed?I know there's a...
  7. I can not download the game from the Microsoft Store on my external drive

I can not download the game from the Microsoft Store on my external drive: Why can't I download games from the Microsoft Store on my external hard drive, but I have a low-memory SSD that I can not download games like SEA OF THIVES or FORZA 4 there, but I can download them without ERROR, but when I want these games on the external hard drive I can...
  8. you can only download from the Microsoft store how do I change the setting?

you can only download from the Microsoft store how do I change the setting?: I have tried to download something off the web but it prompts me with you can only download from the Microsoft store how do I change the setting to allow me to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading/870f3e26-defc-4e4b-aaa9-73a2a7a0edbb"
  9. How can I open the downloaded app. from MICROSOFT STORE?

How can I open the downloaded app. from MICROSOFT STORE?: Dear Sir, Till last week, there no problem, on "UPDATE & RESTART", when ever I saw that I click and do them. Last week, when I do "Update & restart", after that there in the system " Preparing Automatic Repairs" & blocked to open....
  10. How can I cancel iTunes Download from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I cancel iTunes Download from the Microsoft Store: Someone in my family initiated a download of iTunes from the Microsoft Store. However, (a) the download keeps failing and restarting/retrying automatically, (b) I do not want iTunes installed on the PC and so I want to cancel it. Unfortunately, the download never completes...