Windows 10: How Can I Change Display Brightness?

Discus and support How Can I Change Display Brightness? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Starting with build 18912 and in 18917 (20H1), the slider for changing the brightness is missing from the action center. This has occurred on both the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidCorkrey, Jun 13, 2019.

1. How Can I Change Display Brightness?

Starting with build 18912 and in 18917 (20H1), the slider for changing the brightness is missing from the action center. This has occurred on both the desktop and laptop PCs (Acer Aspire and Lenovo 1530 Flex). Using the manufacturers keys to change the brightness no longer work. All of the previous suggestions for this problem have been tried. The systems have the latest display drivers and all updates have been applied.

I suggest that some code changes in these two builds are the problem. I can switch to a different OS for either system (linux) and all display controls and SW work. It is only Windows 10 that has the problem.

Is there going to be any fixes soon or do we have to live with the brightness at 100%?

:)

DavidCorkrey, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Display Brightness

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on updating your display driver, provided in the note found on this

link

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How Can I Change Display Brightness?

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How Can I Change Display Brightness?

1. How Can I Change Display Brightness? - Similar Threads - Change Display Brightness

2. Can't change display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  3. i am unable to change the display brightness

i am unable to change the display brightness: I am not able to adjust my screen brightness. Windows 10 on a Microsoft surface pro 3 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-change-the-display-brightness/38351509-9c43-4be3-b0f9-628eeee32fc7
  4. I can't open display setting and can change my brightness

I can't open display setting and can change my brightness: So after I sign in into a microsoft account, everything broke, my personalize setting got reset, my background image changed back to original windows 10 background. And then when I checked display setting, it won't open, can even change brightness too. *When I open safe...
  5. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  6. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  7. How can I change the display size?

How can I change the display size?: On The web site I want to access "chat" I can't scroll down far enough to send it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-size/d0b75e53-6973-4abb-8c1c-046bf2fbb3f0
  8. Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?: The current release of W10 keeps the same brightness when switching from power to battery and back. This used to be standard functionality that was removed a few releases ago. I always forget to adjust and only realise 3 hours into a 10 hour flight :( when the laptop goes...
  9. How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?

How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?: I have read some other posts suggesting the existence of a "brightness slider" in display settings, and an "adaptive brightness" setting under power options; neither of those exist for my machine. I am on a standard desktop PC, using a Dell AW2518HF display. This is...
  10. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...