Windows 10: How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store?

Discus and support How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey guys, My new laptop displayed almost every app in low res and blurry, until I tried to fixed it and I found out all I need to do was "run programs... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LazyLand, Oct 5, 2020.

1. LazyLand Win User

How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store?

Hey guys,

My new laptop displayed almost every app in low res and blurry, until I tried to fixed it and I found out all I need to do was "run programs made for previous versions of windows" and it fixed it. Like - It looked godly.. even tho it's just normal res.

Now, the fix has something to do with DPI of the app. I understood you can do it through properties of the app and compatibility tab. Now this is great and everything but apps downloaded from the store do not allow you to see properties of the app nor compatibility tab. My main problem is onenote for windows 10.

so - how can I change the app's dpi to high like I did with any 3rd party program I downloaded? It's really important, I won't stand using it in "Blurry mode" All years of school. I will use it almost all day any day... Please. I spent countless hours on finding the exe file of onenote in order to do it with the "run programs made for previous versions of windows" but turns out it just does not support using this troubleshooter on windows 10 store apps. So, How do I Change the dpi?

Thanks!

:)

LazyLand, Oct 5, 2020

2. Apple Mac App Store passes 100 Million Downloads

Cupertino-based Apple Inc. has just announced that its Mac-friendly app store has managed to surpass 100 million downloads in less than a year. Launched on January 6th (2011), the Mac App Store is accessible to Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Mac OS X Lion users, and offers thousands of free and paid apps covering Education, Games, Graphics & Design, Lifestyle, Productivity, Utilities and other categories. In contrast, the iOS-only App Store has over 500,000 apps and has surpassed 18 billion downloads.

"In just three years the App Store changed how people get mobile apps, and now the Mac App Store is changing the traditional PC software industry," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "With more than 100 million downloads in less than a year, the Mac App Store is the largest and fastest growing PC software store in the world."

For more info about the Mac App Store just see Apple's website.

How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store? apple_mac_app_store_lion_01_thm.jpg

Cristian_25H, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Oct 5, 2020
  4. How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store?

How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store?

1. How can I change dpi settings for apps which are downloaded via the store? - Similar Threads - change dpi settings

2. DPI Setting changes in game - MW3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPI Setting changes in game - MW3: My mouse DPI has started to be effected within Modern Warfare 3. Whilst in game I hear a noise that I have an alert to an app or something which I expect to pop up on the screen, but there is nothing to reference why the DPI settings are changing in game. The moment it...
  3. How can i change where i can download my apps setting, if it is not in the correct place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change where i can download my apps setting, if it is not in the correct place...: Change your app recommendation settings in Windows - Microsoft SupportThis link shows how to change the app recommendation setting but the option is not available in my settings. It simply does not show that one option on top...
  4. How can i change where i can download my apps setting, if it is not in the correct place...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change where i can download my apps setting, if it is not in the correct place...: Change your app recommendation settings in Windows - Microsoft SupportThis link shows how to change the app recommendation setting but the option is not available in my settings. It simply does not show that one option on top...
  5. Can not Download Any Games via Microsoft store or Xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not Download Any Games via Microsoft store or Xbox app: Purchased the Microsoft PC GamePass on 04/08/2020 via microsoft rewards.and i am unable to download or install Games through the microsoft Store or Xbox App. have been working with Microsoft Support since late at night around 23:00 at 04/08/2020, aswell as 11:00 on...
  6. Store app high-DPI override

in Windows 10 Customization
    Store app high-DPI override: I develop a desktop app called Expresii, which uses GPU for realtime processing. It is made into an Store app via Desktop App Converter. I recently added high-DPI support, but since higher DPI also increases the processing / memory needed for rendering, some users would find...
  7. [SOLVED] How can I get 'Change high DPI settings' to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLVED] How can I get 'Change high DPI settings' to work?: Applications (a game in this case) have Property sheets. "Properties" > _/Compatibility\_ > --Settings-- > [Change high DPI settings] opens a secondary dialog with the following controls: Program DPI [_] Use this setting... [I signed in to Windows] [I open this program]...
  8. How can I get 'Change high DPI settings' to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get 'Change high DPI settings' to work?: Applications (a game in this case) have Property sheets. "Properties" > _/Compatibility\_ > --Settings-- > [Change high DPI settings] opens a secondary dialog with the following controls: Program DPI [_] Use this setting... [I signed in to Windows] [I open this program]...
  9. Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI: So I'm looking for a way to increase the DPI scaling on a Single application, without effecting or increasing the DPI on the Monitor itself. I.E 100% Scaling on the Display, and other applications inside that Monitor 125-150%+ on a Chosen Application. I've seen that...
  10. How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings?: My screen has 3 options in the DPI settings, 100,125 and 150% and the recommended one is 125% but the taskbar is huge with huge icons too and i don't like that plus there is an issue with blurred text in some windows like Device manager etc. So i don't really know why 125%...