Windows 10: How can i change explorer search to NOT find parameters in tags

Discus and support How can i change explorer search to NOT find parameters in tags in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I just registered here to ask a question. This has bothering me quite some time, i have a very big music collection and when i do a search i get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roelibex, Oct 25, 2016.

1. roelibex Win User

How can i change explorer search to NOT find parameters in tags

Hi
    I just registered here to ask a question.
    This has bothering me quite some time, i have a very big music collection and when i do a search i get a lot of hits. Many of those hits are from mp3 files that contain the search parameter inside their tags.
    What i would like is to have the searchbar only find maps or files that contain the parameter in its filename, not in its tag.
    Is this possible and how?
    Thanks
    Greetings
    Roeland

:)

roelibex, Oct 25, 2016
  2. TomBlanco Win User

Windows 10 file explorer automatically changes search parameters

I usually specify what kind of files to search for but file explorer keeps showing other kinds of files. When I change the View Options it gets corrected but if I refresh the problem comes back. How can I fix it to stay with the search parameter?

TomBlanco, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Wrong Xbox Live Account on WP7, how can I change it to MY Xbox live Gamer Tag

Is the xbox gamer tag associtated with the windows live account your phone is setup with? If not you can switch the gamer tag to that live account but you can't switch live account to that gamer tag. If you don't want to reassociate your gamer tag with
    the windows live account your device is setup with then you will need to hard reset your device and set it up again with your xbox gamer tag or the windows live account that's associated with your xbox gamer tag.

MVP-Windows Phone

Eric Hicks, Oct 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Example: in file explorer's search bar type
    file:"adagio for organ and strings, G minor"
    This will find a file of that name only

Or try e.g. Locate32 - indexes file names- results are displayed as you type.
    Or maybe Ultrasearch or Everything by Void Tools.
    These last are more modern- all function the same basic way.

Many here prefer these for file search.

dalchina, Oct 25, 2016
  5. roelibex Win User
    Thanks but i dont really want to use another program just for searching. I already found a way: i just turned off indexing for my drive containing all my music, it might be slightly slower but ok i guess.

roelibex, Oct 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    The first para tells you how to do it with explorer. No need to turn off its indexing. But it means you have to follow that syntax.

Many of the senior people here favour these 3rd party programs - they just work well - for all files/disks/partitions, not just what Windows indexes. Just type what you want to search for. Easy.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i change explorer search to NOT find parameters in tags - Similar Threads - change explorer search

2. Windows Explorer not searching tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer not searching tags: I have tagged a bunch of images and when I search for the tag, nothing comes up. Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-searching-tags/7cd998a5-c005-4d9d-9b94-19c270c8b872
  3. Windows Explorer not searching tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not searching tags: I have tagged a bunch of images and when I search for the tag, nothing comes up. Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-searching-tags/7cd998a5-c005-4d9d-9b94-19c270c8b872
  4. Windows Explorer not searching tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why does the search function not find tagged files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the search function not find tagged files?: in explorer i use the tag function under file properties. however the search function in explorer fails to find the tagged files. this problem has only newly arisen - worked fine before a few days ago....
  6. why does the search function not find tagged files?

why does the search function not find tagged files?: in explorer i use the tag function under file properties. however the search function in explorer fails to find the tagged files. this problem has only newly arisen - worked fine before a few days ago....
  7. Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?: Someone messed with the parameters on my Windows 10 Home Version 21H1. Searching for an item in any of my drives, folders, files, etc results in 1,000s of responses and delves deep enough into the computer contents to show me results from Recycle Bins, Java Script Files,...
  8. Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?: Someone messed with the parameters on my Windows 10 Home Version 21H1. Searching for an item in any of my drives, folders, files, etc results in 1,000s of responses and delves deep enough into the computer contents to show me results from Recycle Bins, Java Script Files,...
  9. Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?

10. How to search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer?: How do I search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer? For example, I want to find files that have been tagged with both "mom" AND "dad". Currently, I can find files using OR, but it doesn't work for AND....