Windows 10: How can I change File Explorer default settings from M'soft settings

Discus and support How can I change File Explorer default settings from M'soft settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would very much like to change File Explorer settings from the M'Soft defaults to the following... Name Type Size Date Created Date Modified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fred Bear, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Fred Bear Win User

How can I change File Explorer default settings from M'soft settings

Hello,
    I would very much like to change File Explorer settings from the M'Soft defaults to the following...

Name Type Size Date Created Date Modified

This to automatically apply to ALL File Explorer folders and all to drives (I have 4 drives).
    It is a real pain to have to change views one by one!

Can any one help me please ?
    Thank you
    P.S. This is my first post so here's hoping it works.

:)

Fred Bear, Oct 5, 2018

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2018
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 5, 2018
  4. How can I change File Explorer default settings from M'soft settings

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I change File Explorer default settings from M'soft settings

1. How can I change File Explorer default settings from M'soft settings - Similar Threads - change File Explorer

2. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  3. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  4. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  5. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set D:\ as File Explorer Default: PC / Windows 10 - C:\ is operating systemD:\ partition is my file systemAttempting to set File Explorer default so it always shows D:\ files;Presently, Windows offers only "Quick Access" or whatever it's called or "My PC" default settings typical limited MS thinking and there...
  6. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set D:\ as File Explorer Default: PC / Windows 10 - C:\ is operating systemD:\ partition is my file systemAttempting to set File Explorer default so it always shows D:\ files;Presently, Windows offers only "Quick Access" or whatever it's called or "My PC" default settings typical limited MS thinking and there...
  7. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. File Explorer Default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  9. Change File Explorer Default Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  10. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...