Windows 10: How can i change folders name to extension names?

Discus and support How can i change folders name to extension names? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have a folder with over 300 files which have the wrong names but in each folder there are .mod files which are the correct names, changing them 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MK_Madness, Mar 8, 2020.

1. How can i change folders name to extension names?

So i have a folder with over 300 files which have the wrong names but in each folder there are .mod files which are the correct names, changing them 1 by 1 takes way too long, so is there a way to rename them to the correct name in a bulk?

submitted by /u/MK_Madness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MK_Madness, Mar 8, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile How can i change folders name to extension names? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Ryan_2013 Win User

How can i change folders name to extension names?

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

How can i change folders name to extension names?

1. How can i change folders name to extension names? - Similar Threads - change folders name

2. How do I change a folder name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a folder name?: How do I change the name of a folder? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-a-folder-name/9bdfbd8a-97a6-4ec9-82b3-9e94158a06f6
  3. How do I change a folder name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a folder name?: How do I change the name of a folder? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-a-folder-name/9bdfbd8a-97a6-4ec9-82b3-9e94158a06f6
  4. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  5. Can I change name of user folder,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change name of user folder,: When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of numbers, I changed my username, that didn't change the folders name tho, can it be changed? submitted by /u/BLiIxy [link]...
  6. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  7. How to change the name of this folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of this folder?: https://i.imgur.com/wnIWHkK.png Can't upload the image for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-this-folder/93bad2b5-a6f7-41af-b0dc-da05220e1b70
  8. How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?: I hate the name Windows choice for the folder, the path reads C:\Users\Name_ I substituted Name for the actual folder name....Windows decided to name the folder Name_ and I hate it, can I change it and how can I?...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. How can I change the name of my User folder?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change the name of my User folder?: Usually, Windows gives me an option to name my account. In 10, it just uses a shortened name of my Microsoft Account username/email address. Is there a way to change it without messing up my system? Thanks. I did use the netplwiz run command to change the account name, but...