Windows 10: How can I change labels on taskbar icons?

Discus and support How can I change labels on taskbar icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running several version of the same program. I would like to know if there is a way to label the icons in the taskbar so I can know which icon is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Catbill, May 29, 2019.

1. Catbill Win User

How can I change labels on taskbar icons?

I am running several version of the same program. I would like to know if there is a way to label the icons in the taskbar so I can know which icon is associated with which version.

:)

Catbill, May 29, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 29, 2019
  3. Taskbar icon labels

Hi!

Can I hide icon labels without always combining taskbar buttons? Can I hide them in "combne when full" mode?

Thanks!

MiannaMeow, May 29, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I change labels on taskbar icons? - Similar Threads - change labels taskbar

2. How do I remove labels from the icons in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove labels from the icons in the taskbar.: Using Windows 10 Somehow, I don't remember how or where, I must have told Windows 10 that I wanted labels to appear next to some of the icons in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I have searched Windows Help for various options with the words "labels" and "taskbar"...
  3. Labels on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Labels on taskbar: I understand Microsoft for Windows 11 has brought back a feature to "never combine" or "combine only when the taskbar is full. I found this article. https://pureinfotech.com/show-taskbar-labels-never-combine-windows-11/ I don't have the feature. Any thoughts or suggestions...
  4. "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar

"Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar: I have Combine taskbar buttons and combine buttons on other taskbars for multiple displays both set to "Always, hide labels," but they have recently started opening a second button again as you can see with Excel: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I get this to go back to just one...
  5. How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?: I've tried everything I could think of, I made shortcuts for the steam client and changed the icon but every time I open steam it shows as the default icon in the taskbar. This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/7WuU5Go submitted by /u/ItzYaBoyPeanutz [link]...
  6. Labels on Taskbar Icons

Labels on Taskbar Icons: I've accidently changed something that now gives a description for those icons / windows which are open - [ATTACH] How do I get rid of them? TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labels-on-taskbar-icons/6a4ac344-0405-42dc-85d5-f4c0bbdeda3b
  7. How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?: How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-label-from-the-pinned-iconapp-on-the/10ea4444-64ac-4f4c-bc3e-b1ea92c28b99
  8. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?: I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-icon-label-font-on-my-desktop/05486864-d058-4b99-8a25-9cdc5587fb94
  9. How can i change this icon?

How can i change this icon?: I wanted to know if we can change this icon [img] to a HeadPhone or a Custom Icon when we plug a Something in the HeadPhone Jack. 124496
  10. Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?

Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?: I have Pinned a few sites to the start menu using Microsoft Edge. My problem is that all of them have the same "E" edge (internet explorer) icon. So unless I keep them at large size, or remember in what order they were pinned/arranged, I have no clue which pin is for which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar icon label

2. can i suppress icon labels in taskbar?