Windows 10: How can I change Microsoft account name

Discus and support How can I change Microsoft account name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I have created a Microsoft account there was a mistake in my name and now I want change it with right name but don't know how i can change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeewanLekha, Sep 30, 2020.

1. How can I change Microsoft account name

When I have created a Microsoft account there was a mistake in my name and now I want change it with right name but don't know how i can change it

:)

JeewanLekha, Sep 30, 2020

2. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Cannot change account name?

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with the issue that you are facing.

I would like to ask you:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • What all troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Since you have tried to change the name online as well, try to convert your account to a Local account from Microsoft account and then revert it to Microsoft Account.

• Open Start and go to Settings.
    • Go to User Accounts.
    • Disconnect from Microsoft Account.

Restart the PC and follow the same steps to connect to a Microsoft Account.

Let us know the results. Hope this information helps.

Sahil Bali, Sep 30, 2020
  4. How can I change Microsoft account name

Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I change Microsoft account name

1. How can I change Microsoft account name - Similar Threads - change Microsoft account

2. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change name of the account?: How do I change my microsoft account's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-the-account/11bba7ff-7c1f-402f-87f4-86033c95a1cc
  3. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change name of the account?: How do I change my microsoft account's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-the-account/11bba7ff-7c1f-402f-87f4-86033c95a1cc
  4. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder: anytime i setup a new pc with my microsoft account my user name folder is automatically named and that name was from my first pc and even made a mistake typing it so at first find it difficult to get the address to folder. i just want to change it i have even tried using the...
  6. How to change the account name!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the account name!: I recently reset my pc. Remove all files and appsAfter the reset I signed in and I noticed that my user account name was 'pdeep' which is first 5 letters of my email address.Is there a way to change that. I have seen solution to change via the Change account Name option in...
  7. how to change the name of a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change the name of a Microsoft account: how to change the name of a Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-a-microsoft-account/829f73d5-b7a8-4fea-be12-36b45befaaa7
  8. How Can I Change User Account Name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Change User Account Name: My computer was sent in for repair. Part of the solution was to completely reinstall Windows 10 (Home). The default administrator account was named User. I would like to change this to my name. How do I do this?...
  9. How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?: I hate the name Windows choice for the folder, the path reads C:\Users\Name_ I substituted Name for the actual folder name....Windows decided to name the folder Name_ and I hate it, can I change it and how can I?...
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...