Windows 10: How can I change my administrator email?

Discus and support How can I change my administrator email? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm kind of losing my mind with this issue and hope someone can help. So all of a sudden I woke up my computer after my son had been using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JLJT, Feb 24, 2019.

1. JLJT Win User

How can I change my administrator email?

Hello! I'm kind of losing my mind with this issue and hope someone can help. So all of a sudden I woke up my computer after my son had been using it (he's 12) to find that although all my apps and windows were still available, I couldn't use them. Every single thing (including Windows Shell) now tells me that I need permission from an adult to use that service. After going through Microsoft Family (which I never set up, btw, so no idea where this came from), nothing helped. I finally checked my Windows sign in and noticed that although my account still has my name on it, it has my 12 year old's email address attached to it. So first off, I have no idea how he did that and he can't explain it either. Secondly, how do I change it?! I don't see any way to change it under Settings > Accounts. Under Your Info it has my name... then his email... and listed as Administrator. Interestingly, I can't do anything as this 12 year old administrator because it has me listed as a child! Help! I just want my original email address listed here again!

:)

2. Change administrator email

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You can just provide the Administrator privileges to your personal Microsoft account from your current Admin account (work email ID). To do so follow these steps.

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Family and Other Users.
    • Select the account that you wish to change to Admin account.
    • You'll get an option to Change account type. Click on it and change it to
      Administrator.

If you wish to sign out from the Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Your account tab.
    • One the right side, you'll see an option to Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Click on it and enter your password to make changes.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create a local account.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Change Administrator Email Account to another Email Account

Hi Monique,

For you to change the Windows 10 administrator email can be done by switching the profile into a local user account. We suggest that you follow the steps posted by
    Azaruddin Syed on a similar thread found on this link.

This will provide you with the procedures on how to assign administrator privileges and permissions to your original email.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 24, 2019
  4. How can I change my administrator email?

HELP to Change Administrator Email on New Laptop

Hi Lian,

The email address that you are using in the Microsoft Store will be the email address that will appear as your administrator account. Signing in your son's Microsoft account in Xbox app might change the account that signed in to the Microsoft Store. That
    being said, we suggest that follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • In the Your Info tab, Under Your
      email and accounts, click on
      Sign
      in with a
      local
      account instead.
    • Enter the password for the Microsoft account to confirm that you are authorized to make the change, and then click on
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a Local Account
      page, enter a temporary local user name and password.
    • Click on Next to sign out from the Microsoft account and sign back in using the new local account password.
    • Go back to Accounts, and this time, click on Sign in a Microsoft account instead.
    • Fill up the information needed.

This step will change the email account linked on your administrator account. If you will let your son play on the Xbox app again, we suggest that you
    create a separate user account for him.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

How can I change my administrator email?

1. How can I change my administrator email? - Similar Threads - change administrator email

2. How to change administrator email?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change administrator email?: Hi all, I'm looking to switch my microsoft emails for my PC because I don't use the other one anymore. But it seems like I can't remove the default one that I first used. I can only add more accounts and delete them, but not the primary one. Been searching for an answer...
  3. How to change administrator email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change administrator email address: I have had a new email address for a while and I made it my primary address in Windows. I have now found that the administrator address is still showing my old email address and when I try to alter this it is asking me for the password for my old email address which I have...
  4. How can I change the email?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the email?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KnoblauchSuppe0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f99hwo/how_can_i_change_the_email/
  5. How can i change my administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i change my administrator password: . i have a HP laptop da0032wm and windows 10 Home version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-administrator-password/8c0f1a0c-3610-4a40-a354-f8b64388c247
  6. How can i change my administrator password.

How can i change my administrator password.: How can i change my administrator password. i have a HP laptop da0032wm and windows 10 Home version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-administrator-password/d95a10aa-71fd-4aa3-9657-43befe0c4d27
  7. how can i change the email address in administrator's account?

how can i change the email address in administrator's account?: how can i change the email address in administrator's account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-email-address-in/3cb41d74-034b-4a85-b4f8-1840ca85c0c5
  8. How To Change Administrator Email/Account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Change Administrator Email/Account?: My original hotmail email was deleted, but now, when I want to try and download things from Microsoft store and such, it won't let me log in with my new email. I have recently made this email an administrator, but now I have two separate log-ins when I first power on my...
  9. How to change email address of administrator

How to change email address of administrator: How do I propose an administrator change of email to my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-email-address-of-administrator/0058d93e-0404-4380-aed6-86c7622eefb2
  10. How To Change Administrator Email Address?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Change Administrator Email Address?: How can I reset email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ? If you Google this question you will get only instructions only on how to change password. I don't want to change the password, I want to change the email address....