Windows 10: How can I change my daughter's account country?

Discus and support How can I change my daughter's account country? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime I log to my daughter's account she's 6 years old, I'm asked to confirm that I'm her tutor. As part of the validation process I have to log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Juliana Rodriguez1, Feb 13, 2023.

1. How can I change my daughter's account country?

Everytime I log to my daughter's account she's 6 years old, I'm asked to confirm that I'm her tutor. As part of the validation process I have to log into my account but at the end of the validation process I get an error message without any details. I'm guessing this error happens because my daughter's account is set to Brazil and mine to Costa Rica. When I try to change my daughter's country in her profile, I can't do it because her birth date and country are not editable the other fields are editable. How can I change my daughter's country? Thanks!

:)

Juliana Rodriguez1, Feb 13, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Can't set up PIN login for daughters account

Have you changed the country and region here:

How can I change my daughter's account country? 56269d1485961383t-cant-set-up-pin-login-daughters-account-capture.jpg

Also, typing Region in search gives this control panel:

How can I change my daughter's account country? 56270d1485961383t-cant-set-up-pin-login-daughters-account-capture.jpg

I would look at all the tabs and buttons there.

NavyLCDR, Feb 13, 2023
  3. Slaine Win User
    Can't set up PIN login for daughters account

*Confused*ConfusedHi All,

I'm posting here as the Microsoft Customer Support were of no use at all after spending over 2hrs with them trying to sort this issue out.

We got our daughter a new PC for xmas which is preloaded with Win10 Home x64.

I have set myself up as the main user (Admin) and also set up a 'family member' account for her to control her activity which has her own seperate login details consisting of her Microsoft email address and a strong password.

Rather than her having to login with her strong password which is quite difficult to remember for a 9yr old, I wanted to set up a 4 digit PIN login instead like I have set up on my Admin account.

I then logged in to her account to set up the PIN login which asks for my parental permission which requires me to login and allow the change.

I am then required to input my credit card details and address to verify I am an adult.

Now the problem is on the address part the screen the country is already set to the USA which requires a State and Zipcode whereas I live in the UK.
    There is no visible menu to change the country from the US to the UK. (see photo below)

How can I change my daughter's account country? [​IMG]

Now my Admin account and my daughters account are both correctly set to the UK as their region with keyboard settings set to the UK also.

I can find no way possible to change the region as the USA locale is already set/grayed out with no menu to change it.

I have spent over 2hrs of my life in contact with Microsoft Support even granting them remote access to the PC with them not being able to anything else that I havent already tried!.

It really is doing my head in as it was perfectly straightforward to set the PIN up on my Admin account which did not required any adult verification. I can fully understand this being required for a child account.

After giving up with Microsoft support I received this follow up email from them:

Hi Andy,

This is *name removed*, your Trusted Advisor that assisted you regarding your Windows Computer. How are you? I have made a step by step instruction and basic information on this mail that you can use for your future reference.

To use the windows store in a different country or region please click the link below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ry-region-help

To set up your billing please click the link below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-windows-store

I followed both of these suggestions adding both my Credit card and Paypal billing info, restarted the pc and still no difference.

Has anyone come across this issue? and can please help me as I suspect this may be a bug in the OS as the support people seem to be clueless how to help me.

Thank you and a Happy New Year to you all
    Andy

Slaine, Feb 13, 2023
  4. How can I change my daughter's account country?

trying to get daughter enabled for apps and microsoft accounts

Hi Colin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide us the answers to the following questions to help you troubleshoot the issue better.

1. What exactly happens when you try to install/update apps?

2. Are you getting any error message?

This issue could occur if the location is set to a different region/ country.

I would suggest you to change the Country or Region settings to
    Australia
    and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Settings and select
      Time & Language.

• Click on Region & Language and set
      country or region to Australia.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 13, 2023
Thema:

How can I change my daughter's account country?

1. How can I change my daughter's account country? - Similar Threads - change daughter's account

2. How can I recover my daughters account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I recover my daughters account?: I am trying to add my daughters account to my family using her phone number. I can successfully send the code notification to her phone however when she is promoted to sign in it says the phone number is associated to a Microsoft account that is not hers. We cannot secure her...
  3. How can I recover my daughters account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover my daughters account?: I am trying to add my daughters account to my family using her phone number. I can successfully send the code notification to her phone however when she is promoted to sign in it says the phone number is associated to a Microsoft account that is not hers. We cannot secure her...
  4. How can I recover my daughters account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i can't change country or region on my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't change country or region on my account.: for some reason my account in time language says i am from ecuador even i am from egypt , i tried to change that but i can't i can't buy anything in microsoft store because of region stuffi read about 3 month cooldown , but i didn't change that for while .is there anyhow i...
  6. i can't change country or region on my account.

i can't change country or region on my account.: for some reason my account in time language says i am from ecuador even i am from egypt , i tried to change that but i can't i can't buy anything in microsoft store because of region stuffi read about 3 month cooldown , but i didn't change that for while .is there anyhow i...
  7. How can I change my daughter's account country?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change my daughter's account country?: Everytime I log to my daughter's account she's 6 years old, I'm asked to confirm that I'm her tutor. As part of the validation process I have to log into my account but at the end of the validation process I get an error message without any details. I'm guessing this error...
  8. How can I change my daughter's account country?

How can I change my daughter's account country?: Everytime I log to my daughter's account she's 6 years old, I'm asked to confirm that I'm her tutor. As part of the validation process I have to log into my account but at the end of the validation process I get an error message without any details. I'm guessing this error...
  9. How do I change the country of my Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the country of my Microsoft account?: When I go to "my info" and chose "edit country/region", I cannot change the country - only other details such as zip code. PS: I have Danish language activated, so my English translations may not be identical with the English expressions used by Microsoft. [ Moved from:...
  10. How do I change the country of my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the country of my Microsoft account?: When I go to "my info" and chose "edit country/region", I cannot change the country - only other details such as zip code. PS: I have Danish language activated, so my English translations may not be identical with the English expressions used by Microsoft....