Windows 10: How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the...

Discus and support How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm going to be upgrading the motherboard cpu and adding ram to my computer and I know windows is going to recognize that the hardware has changed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlueSandbox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the...

I'm going to be upgrading the motherboard cpu and adding ram to my computer and I know windows is going to recognize that the hardware has changed and refuse to boot. Is there any way to prepare the os drive or something to allow it to boot on different hardware?

:)

BlueSandbox, Apr 24, 2020

2. I want to change my motherboard, cpu and ram.

Can i change my motherboard,cpu and ram without re-installing windows or loosing the license.

Currently i have Intel CPU and i want to change it to Ryzen cpu.

Gorelov Bogdan, Apr 24, 2020
  3. erpster4 Win User
    Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, Apr 24, 2020
  4. How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the...

Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These
    are precious family videos, pictures etc. Can I just unplug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives, then do the upgrade of the Motherboard/CPU/etc, then plug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives back in? Is Windows 10 setup to recognize the pre-existing
    storage space? PLEASE HELP! My system is getting so slow b/c of the old components!!!!!

Thank you!

MarcWaggles, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the...

1. How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the... - Similar Threads - change motherboard cpu

2. Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM: My display has the dreaded watermark of death "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate Windows"I just got done swapping my old motherboard/CPU to my wife's Windows 10 desktop, and I purchased new ones for myself, also upgrading to DDR5 ram in the process, so indeed a...
  3. Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM: My display has the dreaded watermark of death "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate Windows"I just got done swapping my old motherboard/CPU to my wife's Windows 10 desktop, and I purchased new ones for myself, also upgrading to DDR5 ram in the process, so indeed a...
  4. Can I add ram

Can I add ram: Hi,I have Windows 8.1 running pc3-10600 4gb ram I had a doubt can I add a pc3-12800 2x4 gb ram my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-ram/a35cc5bc-680f-4ecc-8d8e-d23a60635d47
  5. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.: I've reinstalled my pc after getting new hardware and now I can't seem to reactivate it, everytime I go to Start button, then select Settings > System > Activation > troubleshoot > I changed hardware on this device recently, It says, "We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  6. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.: I've reinstalled my pc after getting new hardware and now I can't seem to reactivate it, everytime I go to Start button, then select Settings > System > Activation > troubleshoot > I changed hardware on this device recently, It says, "We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  7. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

8. Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?: I changed out the motherboard along with the CPU and ram and now when i log into windows it has a little watermark that says 'Activate Windows' on the bottom right of my screen. When i go to settings it says no product key was found. When i click troubleshoot, it give me an...
  9. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...