Windows 10: How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else

Discus and support How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] First of all i have two computers; one a laptop and one a desktop and i'm the "Owner" of both of them. However i would love to customized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BryanGarccia1988, Oct 1, 2018.

1. How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else

• How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else [​IMG]

First of all i have two computers; one a laptop and one a desktop and i'm the "Owner" of both of them. However i would love to customized usernames for the two so i don't ge them confused. When connecting other devices to them.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

:)

BryanGarccia1988, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to Change Lock Screen to Anything Other Than Windows Spotlight

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Folder permission

• In File Explorer, right click on the documents folder.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Click the box to allow Home Users full control.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.
    That should fix the problem if not try 2 method

Method 2: Try taking ownership of the folder (and by "the" folder, I mean any one having an issue). If they are all in one folder, use that one. If it's all of them, start with
    C:\Users\(your username) and work from there.

To take ownership:

• Right-click the folder and go to Properties
    • In Properties, go to Security (tab) > Advanced (button at the bottom) > Owner (tab)
    • In the Owner tab, the current owner will be listed. Yours will likely say it's unknown but regardless, if it doesn't say your current username (and if the username is the same, just do it anyway), click Edit (button).
    • Under "Change owner to:" select your current account, check the box next to "Replace owner on sub containers and objects" and click OK. Depending on all that's under the folder, this may take a long time.
    After you are the current owner, you should be able to change permissions as you need.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 1, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else

request username change

can a ADMINISTRATOR change my username to Onemoar

OneMoar, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else

1. How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else - Similar Threads - Change Username Owner

2. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  3. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  4. Something keeps changing my desktop username

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something keeps changing my desktop username: Hello,some file keeps changing my desktop username to the n-word! ive runned a full virus scan with my avast anti-virus and it didnt detect anything ! it even changes my desktop name to the n-word even when i before changed my desktop name!!! please help me im on windows 10...
  5. How can I change my login username?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my login username?: I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-login-username/51fd604d-27ff-4037-9973-684216d79323
  6. How can I change my login username?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my login username?: I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-login-username/51fd604d-27ff-4037-9973-684216d79323
  7. is my windows installation broken, or is it something else, and if its broken, how can i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is my windows installation broken, or is it something else, and if its broken, how can i...: so, when i try windows update it never stops checking and doesnt update, and i cant install apps from the microsoft store, i actually had to manually download ubuntu for wsl submitted by /u/JudgeSavings [link] [comments]...
  8. How to stop windows from correcting the date when I change it to something else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from correcting the date when I change it to something else?: I'm trying to play a old beta version of a game but it requires the date to be set somewhere before September 9th 2015. But when I change the date windows keeps correcting it to the real date after a few minutes and the game closes. Is there a way to disable this? submitted...
  9. How Can I Change Username in Windows 10 ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Change Username in Windows 10 ??: At the time of purchase I signed up on my laptop using the microsoft account that time my username was automatically picked up by windows and I dont like that. Now I'm unable to change as I dont have any local account in my laptop but only microsoft account. So I want help....
  10. How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else?: I have some windows store icons on my task bar for quick use, and ALL of the color of the icons are black, I can't see them at all. I am not changing my theme to suite the lack of customization, that would not be a fix but an unacceptable compromise, what I would like to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change name on pc from user to something else

2. change this PC to something else

3. how to change owner to something else