Windows 10: How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me?

Discus and support How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to search in Settings, didn't see anything related to username e-mail covered for reasons. [ATTACH] Not that it bothers me or something, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maciejek37, Jan 20, 2020.

1. How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me?

I tried to search in Settings, didn't see anything related to username e-mail covered for reasons.

How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me? 49d01f26-e75b-43de-ad3c-99ee1db02dbc?upload=true.png

Not that it bothers me or something, I just want to change my username.

How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me? e935efa4-5168-4738-b3e5-ce86e0ec45a9?upload=true.png

I even tried to run "netplwiz" as administrator, and as you can see on image above it's still "tibia" ;/

How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me? ee49abd8-3a01-4e96-bdef-f83d5a4f7374?upload=true.png

It would be so nice if someone could help me :

:)

maciejek37, Jan 20, 2020

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me?

How to change username for accounts on your PC

Hi Adrian,

If you preferred a different name as your username, there’s a way for you to change it using the
    Settings app. However, the steps will depend if you’re signed in using a
    local account or a Microsoft account.

A local account only works on the computer where it was created while a
    Microsoft account works across all Microsoft devices, applications, and services.

Here are the steps on how to change your sign-in username for a Microsoft account:

• Press the Windows key
      How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me? b930edd4-b130-4850-98eb-6f5086c2f90a.jpg
      +
      I on your keyboard to launch the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Your email accounts.
    • Select the Manage my Microsoft Account option to open a web browser and load your profile page.
    • Once you see your profile, click Edit name.
    • Enter the name you want to be as your screen name, then click Save.
    • Restart your device.

Note: There are times that it will take some time until the changes will reflect after you reboot your computer. It’s recommended that you monitor it from time to time.

Listed below are the instructions on how to change a local account on Windows 10:

• Type Control Panel in the Search box.
    • Once the Control Panel window appears, select
      Change account type
      under User Accounts.
    • Select the local account that you want to edit.
    • Click the Change the account name option.
    • Enter the user name that you prefer.
    • Click the Change Name button to save the changes.
    • Check if it shows the new screen name.

Let us if know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Louie Del, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me?

1. How can I change my Windows username that Microsoft account gave me? - Similar Threads - change username Microsoft

2. How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?: So some years ago I was installing Windows 10 on to a laptop. During installation I logged in with my Microsoft account. Then it asked for my username for the device, this is the name that shows up in C:/Users/. I typed it in wrong but had not submitted it, was about to...
  3. How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?: So some years ago I was installing Windows 10 on to a laptop. During installation I logged in with my Microsoft account. Then it asked for my username for the device, this is the name that shows up in C:/Users/. I typed it in wrong but had not submitted it, was about to...
  4. How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?: So basically, I am on windows 11 and would want to change the username and picture of my account that appears on the login page when I start the window. I was signed up from this account to windows from a long time and no longer have access to it unfortunately, and now I'd...
  5. How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?

How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?: So basically, I am on windows 11 and would want to change the username and picture of my account that appears on the login page when I start the window. I was signed up from this account to windows from a long time and no longer have access to it unfortunately, and now I'd...
  6. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  7. Change username for microsoft account

Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  8. How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder: anytime i setup a new pc with my microsoft account my user name folder is automatically named and that name was from my first pc and even made a mistake typing it so at first find it difficult to get the address to folder. i just want to change it i have even tried using the...
  9. How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder

How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder: anytime i setup a new pc with my microsoft account my user name folder is automatically named and that name was from my first pc and even made a mistake typing it so at first find it difficult to get the address to folder. i just want to change it i have even tried using the...
  10. How to change Microsoft account username?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing the user name windows 10 gave me