Windows 10: How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to...

Discus and support How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,This is related to my previous query - which is still unresolved. I am not sure what Microsoft has done in the background but I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Singh Vishal, Aug 25, 2021.

1. How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to...

Hi,This is related to my previous query - which is still unresolved. I am not sure what Microsoft has done in the background but I am not able to log-in to laptop using the admin my son's account as I elaborated in my previous question.And given this, I cannot even install a simple application like Adobe Acrobat Reader using my sign-in secondary account.Please let me know what can be done. How can I remove the admin account to make my own account as the only and admin account? Or alternatively, how the "normal" sign-in using PIN to my son's WINDOWS account can be reinstated? This is real

:)

Singh Vishal, Aug 25, 2021
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Expired Secondary Admin Accounts: Not prompting to change password (Run As)

For a Cyber Security best practice, all local administrative permissions have been revoked from user accounts.

Only a select number of employee's have been provided with a Secondary Admin Account, from which they are advised to run their applications As Admin with.. driving from their normal account with out any privillege.

These accounts are applied via a GPO - which I've named "Special Access Policy" - which centrally configures local admin accounts and targets PC's.

The Special Access Policy users have their own OU, which inherits our default domain/password policy, and has another policy to lock down internet access (applying 127.0.0.1 as a proxy address - with exclusions for WSUS).

Two issues here

• The secondary admin accounts can run applications as admin, despite
      being expired
    • They are not prompting the user to change passwords
      when expired (and running app as admin)

Are there any settings that can be tweaked to change this behavior?

IT Apprentice, Aug 25, 2021
  4. How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to...

How to change the username in C: drive on Windows 10?

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to convert the existing account to Microsoft account with administrator privileges and check if it helps.

Step 1: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to enable built-in admin account to change the current user account's type.

Steps to Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active:yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active:no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: Log-in with the Built-in admin account to change the account type and try the below.

• From Built-in account, press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Under Group Membership tab and select Administrator as user account type.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are facing issues changing the user account type, we will help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to...

1. How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to... - Similar Threads - change secondary account

2. Can I change my secondary account to be my primary account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change my secondary account to be my primary account?: I basically put in the wrong primary account,but the correct secondary account,I now want to swap the wrong account into the correct account,but I don't know how, please help....
  3. unknown admin account on my laptop and i am not admin, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown admin account on my laptop and i am not admin, what do i do?: I got this lenovo laptop 3 months ago and there is this account on the laptop called "speeder solutions" and it is set to administrator and i'm not, now I cannot download anything since it keeps asking me for the pin of "speeder solutions". at first i tried to reset the...
  4. unknown admin account on my laptop and i am not admin, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown admin account on my laptop and i am not admin, what do i do?: I got this lenovo laptop 3 months ago and there is this account on the laptop called "speeder solutions" and it is set to administrator and i'm not, now I cannot download anything since it keeps asking me for the pin of "speeder solutions". at first i tried to reset the...
  5. How can I change the account associated with my laptop?

How can I change the account associated with my laptop?: I thought this was a Microsoft Question - but I was referred here instead. The ? Microsoft? account linked to my laptop uses an obsolete email we moved and the email service -Spectrum- changed. I no longer have access to that email account and so I can't log in from the...
  6. How can I change the account associated with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the account associated with my laptop?: I thought this was a Microsoft Question - but I was referred here instead. The ? Microsoft? account linked to my laptop uses an obsolete email we moved and the email service -Spectrum- changed. I no longer have access to that email account and so I can't log in from the...
  7. How can I reset the admin privileges from a secondary account that doesn't have admin access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset the admin privileges from a secondary account that doesn't have admin access?: Hello to anyone who is reading this, I hope you're having a great day/evening/night.I encountered a problem where my laptop shutoff due to low battery, once I turned on my laptop I found out that my account alongside the admin account PINs had been resetted.I managed to...
  8. How can I reset the admin privileges from a secondary account that doesn't have admin access?

How can I reset the admin privileges from a secondary account that doesn't have admin access?: Hello to anyone who is reading this, I hope you're having a great day/evening/night.I encountered a problem where my laptop shutoff due to low battery, once I turned on my laptop I found out that my account alongside the admin account PINs had been resetted.I managed to...
  9. How can I reset the admin privileges from a secondary account that doesn't have admin access?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?: Hello, My laptop has the Microsoft account of someone who set up this laptop years ago. Now I added my own Microsoft account, but I can't make it leading. In Microsoft store I have to sign in with the account of the other person, which of course I can't. How can I change...