Windows 10: How can I change the apps that can access microphone?

Discus and support How can I change the apps that can access microphone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to give microphone access to Microsoft Teams but I cant because I cant see Microsoft Teams in the list where I can give access to microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hello_1643, Jan 9, 2021.

1. How can I change the apps that can access microphone?

I want to give microphone access to Microsoft Teams but I cant because I cant see Microsoft Teams in the list where I can give access to microphone

:)

hello_1643, Jan 9, 2021

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Jan 9, 2021
  4. How can I change the apps that can access microphone?

Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

same happened to and this solved it, good luck

If you're having trouble with your microphone, let's start by making sure your microphone has full permission to run in Windows. If your microphone is no longer detected after updating Windows 10, you may need to give apps permission to use it.

• To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

• Under "Allow access to the microphone on this device", it should state, "Microphone access for this device is on." Select the
      Change button to make sure the setting is set to On.

• Then make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is also set to On.

• After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

sylwiawawrzynczak, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

How can I change the apps that can access microphone?

1. How can I change the apps that can access microphone? - Similar Threads - change apps access

2. How can I change default apps when the options are not there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change default apps when the options are not there?: At the moment I am unable to change default apps by any of the known routes. If I go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps and fill in the search box I do not get anything showing in Choose a Default. If I go to an app and try to change the file extension it can open, nothing...
  3. How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?: When I click on 'App & Browser control' setting in Windows Security setting, it opens as a black screen with windows security symbol on the task bar and the black screen stays for few seconds and then disappears...
  4. How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?: When I click on 'App & Browser control' setting in Windows Security setting, it opens as a black screen with windows security symbol on the task bar and the black screen stays for few seconds and then disappears...
  5. how can i access the wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i access the wifi?: please answer my question with steps thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-wifi/dce4ad77-403c-47e4-9887-73cef003a5f6
  6. how can i access the wifi?

how can i access the wifi?: please answer my question with steps thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-wifi/dce4ad77-403c-47e4-9887-73cef003a5f6
  7. How can I change this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change this?: How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-this/9f68ac4c-5494-4785-9048-e1e7c8e9da8b
  8. How can I change this?

How can I change this?: How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-this/9f68ac4c-5494-4785-9048-e1e7c8e9da8b
  9. how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i ban a certain desktop app from accessing microphone?: [ATTACH] as shown below, there are two desktop apps. i want to ban QQ from using microphone while keep chrome active. i tried to click those two icons to get more info but failed a method that doesn't require removing any icon form desktop will be preferred...
  10. Error. I can not access any apps

Error. I can not access any apps: Error. I can not access any apps Hello, by over 2 weeks I am having serious troubles with my Windows. Since last update I can not longer use any of my apps including Movie Maker, PhotoScape, DropBox also I can not use any of Office 365 programs ( this is very frustrating...