Windows 10: How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen

Discus and support How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pamela Pulido, Sep 13, 2018.

1. How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen

How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen

:)

Pamela Pulido, Sep 13, 2018

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 13, 2018
  4. ICG01 Win User

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I change the brightness of my HP Laptop screen - Similar Threads - change brightness Laptop

2. Why does my screen brightness change and how can I prevent it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen brightness change and how can I prevent it?: My laptop is a Latitude 5530 and I am on Windows 10 21H2.When I first got my laptop, I made sure I went through everything and stopped any adaptive screen brightness features.I've verified the windows "automatically adjust brightness" is turned off.I've also gone into the...
  3. Why does my screen brightness change and how can I prevent it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my screen brightness change and how can I prevent it?: My laptop is a Latitude 5530 and I am on Windows 10 21H2.When I first got my laptop, I made sure I went through everything and stopped any adaptive screen brightness features.I've verified the windows "automatically adjust brightness" is turned off.I've also gone into the...
  4. I can not change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not change my screen brightness.: I tried to update the display drivers as well. It did not work. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-change-my-screen-brightness/200d24d9-5350-470c-8f3c-09009e9e8f07
  5. I can not change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not change my screen brightness.: I tried to update the display drivers as well. It did not work. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-change-my-screen-brightness/200d24d9-5350-470c-8f3c-09009e9e8f07
  6. I can not change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700: How do I change screen brightness, please. HP Envy 700 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-screen-brightness-please-hp-envy/ae862464-19a0-4512-ad46-5cc0d29d2f2d
  8. HP Laptop Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Laptop Brightness: The brightness on my laptop ( HP 15 15-g029wm) seems to be stuck on max. The hot keys (f2 and f3) are not working to adjust the brightness levels, there is also no where in the settings to adjust this issue either. All display drivers have been updated (post issue) and this...
  9. How to change the screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the screen brightness?: I have a Dell, I'm not able to change the screen brightness. Its very hard to see. Any help is appreciated! ***Moved from other/Unknown /Other Windows apps***...
  10. Why can I only change my screen brightness when my laptop is charging?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can I only change my screen brightness when my laptop is charging?: Just did a recent update on Windows 10. I can't change my screen brightness by pressing the increase/ decrease brightness button on my keyboard. If I do press the brightness button, I am still able to click and drag to change the brightness. When my laptop is plugged in I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP laptop change screen brightness

2. unable to change brightness in hp laptop

3. cant adjust brightness windows 10

4. cant change my brightness on hp laptop,
  5. How can I adjust the brightness of my HP laptop,
  6. hp laptop cant change brightness ,
  7. how do you set the brightness on my hp laptop,
  8. how do i change the brightness of my screen on my hp laptop