Windows 10: How can I change the dates on my Photo files

Discus and support How can I change the dates on my Photo files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I transferred my photos to a computer and all the "dates created" are the same. How can I alter the respective dates on each folder; especially for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coffscreek, Mar 5, 2019.

1. How can I change the dates on my Photo files

I transferred my photos to a computer and all the "dates created" are the same. How can I alter the respective dates on each folder; especially for my photo folders

:)

coffscreek, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Rohit_R Win User

Can't change photo date

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the file extension for the photos which are facing the issue?

It is possible that the Windows photos app has gone corrupted due to the involvement of third party websites/applications.

You can try to run app troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.

Refer to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Alternatively, you can try the following steps to change the date of the photos:

1. Select the file from the file explorer.
    2. Right click on it and click on Properties.
    3. In the image properties, click on the Details tab.
    4. Look for the section Origin>Date taken and click on the mentioned date.
    5. Edit the date accordingly and click on Apply and OK.
    Get back to us with the required detail to help you further.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 5, 2019
  4. How can I change the dates on my Photo files

photos microsoft window 10

Hi,

You can change the dates of your photos in Windows 10. So, if you sort by date, then it also gets sorted by time within the date.

To change the date in photo, follow the steps below:

• First, in a File Explorer view of the directory, right-click the file or the photo you want to change the date.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Details tab, then click on the Date taken
      field.
    • Move your mouse cursor over to the actual value of the date and click on it, and the field becomes editable.

Some of the other metadata are also editable in the same way.

Also, to organize photos in Windows 10, we suggest to check this
    link

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Marvelos Reg, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I change the dates on my Photo files

1. How can I change the dates on my Photo files - Similar Threads - change dates Photo

2. How I can change my birth date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can change my birth date?: Hello, I have a huge problem. I want to change my birth date because I typed it wrong. But I cant, when I want to change it, it is gray and I am unable to edit anything....
  3. How I can change my birth date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can change my birth date?: Hello, I have a huge problem. I want to change my birth date because I typed it wrong. But I cant, when I want to change it, it is gray and I am unable to edit anything....
  4. How can i change my birthday date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change my birthday date?: How can I change my birthday date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-birthday-date/d073455d-7b1a-477d-9f64-c0d2876c0b05
  5. How can i change my birthday date?

How can i change my birthday date?: How can I change my birthday date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-birthday-date/d073455d-7b1a-477d-9f64-c0d2876c0b05
  6. How can i change my birthday date?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how can i change my date of birth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my date of birth?: How can I change my date of birth? I accidentally hit the wrong keys, and now it thinks I'm a baby, and won't let me access certain sites! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-date-of-birth/8d9529c3-c9a3-4763-a3ad-b226fd941112
  8. how can i change my date of birth?

how can i change my date of birth?: How can I change my date of birth? I accidentally hit the wrong keys, and now it thinks I'm a baby, and won't let me access certain sites! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-date-of-birth/8d9529c3-c9a3-4763-a3ad-b226fd941112
  9. How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.

How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.: I have several Collections in my Microsoft Collections that show the year as 2027. I think this was a result of the date on my camera being wrong. My problem is how can I change the dates to reflect the correct year ?...
  10. how do i change my photo files to where i can see photo without opening file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i change my photo files to where i can see photo without opening file?: i'm just wondering how do I change the setting for my photo files to show actual picture without having to open file to see the photo? thank you for any help and info on this matter, truly appreciate any feedback...