Windows 10: How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop?

Discus and support How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to Windows 10 and I do not like the default Segoe UI font that is everywhere. Please tell me there is a way to change it! I tried to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElSal77, May 7, 2020.

1. ElSal77 Win User

How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop?

Hi,

I'm new to Windows 10 and I do not like the default Segoe UI font that is everywhere. Please tell me there is a way to change it! I tried to do the Notepad .reg file method several times and it did not work. This is such a small personalization thing, it shouldn't be THIS hard to do it, I just don't understand. If anyone has had any luck with this, please let me know. I HATE the current font, I hate looking at it.

Thanks!

:)

ElSal77, May 7, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2020
  3. How to change the default font on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you willing to change the default font on Windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on System

• There’s a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows10 products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 7, 2020
  4. How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop?

How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2020
Thema:

How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop?

1. How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop? - Similar Threads - change default font

2. How to change Windows default Fonts ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Windows default Fonts ??: How to change Windows default Fonts ??I want to change windows default Fonts in company's formal fonts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-default-fonts/07074ca1-03bc-41a0-b2cf-64103848a239
  3. How to change Windows default Fonts ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows default Fonts ??: How to change Windows default Fonts ??I want to change windows default Fonts in company's formal fonts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-default-fonts/07074ca1-03bc-41a0-b2cf-64103848a239
  4. How to change Windows default Fonts ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the default font in windows?

How do I change the default font in windows?: Hi tech wizards, I'm trying to change the default font in windows, but my google searches and attempts to find a setting did not work. I have come to you for your advice, what should I do? The closest thing I found regarded a registry hack file, and I found that kind of...
  6. How to change default System Font in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default System Font in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re tired of using the default system font on Windows 10, you can […] This article How to change default System Font in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. change window 10 default font

change window 10 default font: how do you change default font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-window-10-default-font/4c7360ab-28ab-4136-9c2e-b2ee569b8237
  8. Change default font on Windows 10

Change default font on Windows 10: Hello my name is Daniel Wallinger. I would like to change my default font on Windows 10 Segoe UI and Calibri body. How do I change it. Many thanks Daniel...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT FONT

HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT FONT: I need help with changing the MS Word default font from Calibri 11 pt to Times New 12 pt. Anyone able to share with me how to do this? I also need STREAMLINED help on changing a hyperlink to a word instead of posting long strings of codes. When I try to edit hyperlink, I...
  10. how to change default font in windows 10

how to change default font in windows 10: My Windows 10 default Font is very thin and not easily readable. How to change the default font for a better view.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-font-in-windows-10/05f677d6-581c-4979-b771-6f1bdc0cb207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change font under desktop icons windows 10