Windows 10: how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

Discus and support how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new pcbut i noticed tonight that the user folder with all my files and music has been set to save on the smaller ssd drive in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Knight7185, Jan 21, 2022.

1. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

I recently bought a new pcbut i noticed tonight that the user folder with all my files and music has been set to save on the smaller ssd drive in the pc with the rest of the apps instead of the 1 tb drivei dont want to be in a position somewhere down the line where i'm running out of memory on the main drive. so is there any way to change the default location of my users folder as a whole?i tried changing the location from the properties window but there was no option to change the location

:)

Knight7185, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Changing default folder locations for Public users

You could relocate the complete Users folder to another drive: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

That moves the complete Users folder, every user including Public.

4. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

1. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10? - Similar Threads - change default location

2. How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder: Hello everyone, my device win 11, I have a little problem, I have moved the user folder and program files from Drive :C, to Drive :D. well, I forgot how to restore or re-move program files and users data to Drive : C again, I've searched in the browser but never found the...
  3. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?: I recently bought a new pcbut i noticed tonight that the user folder with all my files and music has been set to save on the smaller ssd drive in the pc with the rest of the apps instead of the 1 tb drivei dont want to be in a position somewhere down the line where i'm...
  6. how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the default location of the users folder in windows 10?: I recently bought a new pcbut i noticed tonight that the user folder with all my files and music has been set to save on the smaller ssd drive in the pc with the rest of the apps instead of the 1 tb drivei dont want to be in a position somewhere down the line where i'm...
  7. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  8. Restoring Default User Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring Default User Folder Locations: Hello. A couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Windows and all my folders are in particular locations across multiple drives. Now, while I was configuring the location of my Downloads folder while formatting my backup/downloads HDD (Seagate BarraCuda), I had temporarily...
  9. Change default location for new users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change default location for new users: In previous versions of Windows, a quick registry hack has let me create my main user (after the one in C:\Users created when installing Windows) in E:\Users rather than C:\Users. This is the method I've used before: Use Regedit to navigate to:...
  10. Changing default folder locations for Public users

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default folder locations for Public users: I've upgraded two machines going from a single 1T hard drive to a SSD and a 1T hard drive for data. I was able to change the default user file locations for docs, pics, music, video, and download. When I went to do the same for the public user, I was not allowed to change the...